Texas Blues and Brews Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voltin

Beholden to the Yeast
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Calling all craft beer lovers and home brewers in west Texas and eastern New Mexico!

The 1st annual Texas Blues and Brews Festival of Lubbock will feature locally brewed craft beers (both home brew and local commercial) and a variety of music from local bands. The festival will be on April 28th 2012, and will be located at the Tornado Gallery on 19th St and Buddy Holly Ave in Lubbock, TX.

Doors open to at 2:00pm and the event is open to everybody 21 and up. Tickets are $15 at the door, and the first 200 entrants receive a souvenir tasting glass.

For more information please the Facebook event page at http://www.facebook.com/TexasBluesAndBrews

536358_333644090025770_319018671488312_979903_1125450313_n.jpg

Sograte BBQ and Brew in Lubbock is hosting a social brew day Sunday, March 18 at 10:00am for those that are planning on serving home brew at the event. Sograte will be offering specials on ingredientsfor brewers.

Damn, wish there was more of this going on when my sister and I were at Tech! Might have to head up there for the Blues and Brews festival though.

D_Ranged_Eskimo said:
Damn, wish there was more of this going on when my sister and I were at Tech! Might have to head up there for the Blues and Brews festival though.

We are hoping this is the first of many events. Lubbock is severely lacking in the craft/good beer scene. Hopefully this changes soon, we now have two micros that are starting up, in addition to the brewpub down in the depot. We are just doing our part to further the cause.

We are hoping this is the first of many events. Lubbock is severely lacking in the craft/good beer scene. Hopefully this changes soon, we now have two micros that are starting up, in addition to the brewpub down in the depot. We are just doing our part to further the cause.

That's what I like to hear. What else is out there now besides Triple J's?

It's been nice since they passed the bill to make Lubbock a wet county. That liquor/beer & wine stores off of Quaker and the Loop seem to carry a pretty large selection of craft 6'er and bombers. That helped tailgating and more importantly, create a short memory after those home games at the Jones.

Off the topic of the festival, I hope Tommy can step it up this year.

That's what I like to hear. What else is out there now besides Triple J's?

It's been nice since they passed the bill to make Lubbock a wet county. That liquor/beer & wine stores off of Quaker and the Loop seem to carry a pretty large selection of craft 6'er and bombers. That helped tailgating and more importantly, create a short memory after those home games at the Jones.

Off the topic of the festival, I hope Tommy can step it up this year.

The two new Micros opening up here are Wicked Beaver and Yellow House Canyon Brew Works. Wicked Beaver has already started distributing to a couple of bars in Lubbock, Amarillo, and Shiner, TX. Yellow House is still in the construction/permitting phase and should start distributing this Fall.

I am not involved with the planning of the event, but last I heard both breweries were planning on having a presence at the event.

Yes, it is very nice that Lubbock is now wet, it only took a petition and 2/3 of voters to make it happen. There are quite a few places in town to get some good craft beer, even Leonard's, the small student supermarket by campus, has a good selection.

I just received more information about the event, there is a $15 entry fee and the first 200 entrants receive a souvenir tasting glass.

Just found out I won't be able to make it to this due to my involvement in the King William Festival in San Antonio that same weekend. Keep me posted on how the turnout and event go.

Just a reminder the Texas Blues and Brews Festival is this Saturday in Lubbock at the Tornado Gallery in the Depot District. Wicked Beaver the only Microbrewery in Lubbock, and Triple J Chophouse will be serving at the event amongst a large group of the Homebrewers from in and around Lubbock.

If you are in the area stop by and support the West Texas craft beer scene.

The Texas Blue and Brews Fest was a huge success. In additional to the commercial brews we had from Wicked Beaver, Yellow House and Triple J we had 15+ brews from area home brewers.

It was great meeting all local craft beer enthusiasts, touting the hobby, and hearing everybody rave about how good the beer was. I have no doubt we will be doing this again next year.

482010_505963049460539_2099343806_n.jpg

Blues and Brews is on again this year. Come out to the Republic on Texas Building on May 11th to enjoy great commercial and home brew from Lubbock and the surrounding area.

They are also still looking for home brewers to participate if you are interested check them out on Facebook.

Back