Best Hangover Cures?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water. Lots of it. Then some more water. Then have a couple big glasses of water.

Then a huge sub sandwich from Jimmy John's. and wash it down with some water.

Hangover cures begin while you're still drinking. When you're about two hours out from crashing, start your water diet and a little bit of pain killer (something to thin the blood and open the blood vessels). You'll have to piss in the middle of the night, but that's status quo for me

2 advil and a glass of water before bed. I prefer the anti-hangover rather then curing the hangover

Now I use gatorade, water doesn't do it for me. Plus I dont have to go to bed feeling water logged.

Several years ago I would visit a fire-medic buddy of mine. An IV bag and some o2 will kick a hangover with a quickness.

Before bed: 2 advil and a liter of water.
On waking: Gatorade and a cool shower, followed by strong black coffee.
After: Grease for breakfast. Biscuits 'n Gravy, or my eggless breakfast burritos, with more black coffee.

Convienent that this discussion is occurring during GABF, no?

I drink several glasses of cold water to soothe the tongue then a couple glasses of WARM to HOT water to balance out the temperature in my stomach so I don't feel like I have an ice cube in there.

Then again, drinking 98F water would do the trick too, but I have to have something cold on my tongue first. You know the feeling. ;)

Gatorade and adding electrolytes back into your body can't hurt/work well also.

Advil, Gatorade, and bananas.
Advil before you go to bed, along with a big glass of water, and then again when you wake up !
The reasoning behind Advil should be obvious, Gatorade re-hydrates the body, and bananas re-supply it with potassium, which alchohol depletes.
Avoid coffee, or anything else with caffiene. That will just dehydrate you even more !

Back in the old days, we also used to roll up a nice fat one...allegedly.

I might be in the minority here. I agree with drinking a crap ton of water, but when you wake up get in a long slow run, think like 5+ miles. Then shower, more water, and you're good to go. The run will feel terrible, but the rest of the day you'll be good.

Soluble solpadeine, which is 200mg paracetamol and some codeine, and if I'm so sick that I'll possibly throw that up again, although I don't get bad hangovers since I stopped smoking tobacco, I'd take some motilium on top of those which stop you throwing up the painkiller once it hits the stomach lining, then back to bed to sleep it off.

Now I use gatorade, water doesn't do it for me. Plus I dont have to go to bed feeling water logged.

Several years ago I would visit a fire-medic buddy of mine. An IV bag and some o2 will kick a hangover with a quickness.

Saw some baaaaad pictures regarding that. Dude was a paramedic or in training, so had a bunch of IV bags handy. Gave himself and IV while drunk. At some point while he was passed out, the bag fell and the flow started going the other way. Tons of blood. I believe it was posted on a Mustang or Camaro forum. Not that I'm sayin' anything, I'm just sayin'. :mug:

For the horrid ones I just sit around all day. For the ones that I can get up and be semi-productive I take some Excedrin Migraine, and it pretty much knocks it out. The thought of consuming anything though when I have a bad hangover just makes me feel even sicker.

For more hangover cure ideas: http://www.hulu.com/three-sheets

When i was in the navy the corpsman on my ship really liked to hit the sauce. He use to give himself an IV before he went to bed, pretty much every time after he got hammered. He use to do it the morning after sometimes too because I can distinctivly remember going to medical in the morning while we were in a liberty port and he would just be sloughed there with an IV in his arm.

My buddy used to make us hangover omlets the morning after. They were horrible, runny, smelly, and huge. It wasn't so much a cure as it was a punishment for getting out of hand the night before ;)

I typically down a bottle of G2 first thing in the morning and chug water all day. Once my stomach settles I try and get something in it...bananas work pretty good usually.

If it's real bad and I dont have anywhere to go that day, a pint and\or a small Jagerbomb helps cure the shakes.

Bloody mary if I have nowhere to be. Then runny hardboiled eggs with toast, aspirin, gatorade, and some sex if I can manage it.

A mexican told me today that there is no need for a hangover cure if you never sober up, haha. I got a good laugh out of that one.

A bunch of water, and then a plate of care asada fries in the morning:

230668076_090666ac92.jpg

I've tried that Detox drink that bud makes and it seems to work. Thats if you can remember to drink it before passing out (this is where I often screw up.) BTW I think it might be the best drink Bud makes.

Im gonna have to agree with the mexican who told me to drink more when there is a hangover involved. I guess as long as you dont run machinery it dont matter a big flying frook. :mug:

If you forgot the water and Anvil (thats how I spell it) the night before, Claritin D 24 hour, the leagal speed, as soon as you can function well enough to find were the wifey hid it.

If you forgot the water and Anvil (thats how I spell it) the night before, Claritin D 24 hour, the leagal speed, as soon as you can function well enough to find were the wifey hid it.

She might beat me for dippin in her stash. Normally she's a *****cat, but if you get into her drugs...watchout..

EDIT: wow, censored pussay? C'mon now, that's a little excessive

Best hangover remedy is take a vitamin B1 with a big glass of water before you go to bed / pass out. Works every time without failure.

i know its already said, but advil and water beore bed does it.

i think there is a common theme here of trying to get as much water in before bed.

the problem is the more i need it the more likely i am to forget.

i know its already said, but advil and water beore bed does it.

i think there is a common theme here of trying to get as much water in before bed.

the problem is the more i need it the more likely i am to forget.

...or not have enough room in my stomach for it.

Actually I learned that advil before bed can do more harm (long term) then good. My SWMBO is an RN and told me that taking any kind of NSAID while you're drunk puts more pressure on your liver.

Interesting fact, hospitals see the highest amount of liver failure during what time off the year? Football season, playoff time up until the super bowl in particular. Guys with colds taking advil, or other over the counter cold medicines, on regular basis and drinking (maybe) more than usual.

Check out this stuff called Emergen-c,It's a drink mix and you can get it at almost any grocery store, and you will start feeling better almost imediately after drinking it. Seriously, this stuff works great for me.

Just drink it before you start drinking and then have another one when you wake up in the morning and you're good to go.

NSAIDs (ibuprofen/advil, aleve, etc.)are mainly processed through your kidneys, tylenol is processed through the liver....but...it's still a bad habit to get into often because NSAIDS + Alcohol = Bleeding ulcers :(

My recent cure was to eat hot wings that were so blaz'n that the next day my stomach was a mess and didn't even notice a headache! :)

Back