WTF is this beer thing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF is right.
What is that thing - it maybe the coolest beer thing-a-ma-jig ever.
I hope you now own this.
How about some bigger pictures - if it is related to beer, I am sure one of the guys (or gals) will recognize it.
Jason

Beer Operated Time machine. They build them back in the 70's but were obsoleted by the Delorean in the 80s. The Beer Presure is what determined what how far back or forward you would jump in time. My Grandpa had one.

I can't tell what it is based on the size of the pictures... I've seen that dial before though on larger fermenters...

Can't really tell by the pics but maybe someone just used a beer pressure gauge for some other purpose . It would read the same with water or other fluid

Really hard to tell but, it looks like a old assed inline carbonator or a gas blender. Mounted on a funny platform thing.

Beer Operated Time machine. They build them back in the 70's but were obsoleted by the Delorean in the 80s. The Beer Presure is what determined what how far back or forward you would jump in time. My Grandpa had one.

+1, but looking at that one, it looks like a prototype model from the mid 60's. They actually work on the same principal as the Delorean models, as is well known, but the Delorean had the revolutionary "Flux Capacitor" unit which would more accurately allow one to set the time and date, whereas the older models just kind of got you in the ballpark.

Of course everyone remembers the groundbreaking work that Young Einstein performs in the pursuit of splitting the beer atom. He was really only looking to put bubbles in beer, but eventually his process led to the development of the beer time machine, which utilized those bubbles to power the ability to move back in time.

I believe it was the development of Light Beer that eventually caused all work in this field to end. The horror of that discovery by people traveling forward in time was just too much for them.

pics with more detail:

IMG_18171.JPG

IMG_18162.JPG

IMG_1815.JPG

a couple more:

IMG_18141.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

There are much higher res versions of these images in my gallery
If this is time travel powered by beer, it's only $250 at an antique shop. If it does not provide time travel, I'm afraid it's overpriced, at least for my budget.

It's a carbonation system, like a steam pressure guage , I have just used one in an antique brewery system I put together recently( check my gallery ), the one I have came from an old steam railroad engine from about 1840 , just a PSI guage . The one that's marked Beer, is the liquid side, the other one is the pressure tank. afaict

That looks like a regulator sitting between the gages and it's connected to each gage on each side. The adjustment screw is sticking straight up. So it looks like a manifold similar to what we use for kegging: there is a CO2 tank that connects to the high-side of the reg and the 'Tank Pressure' gage...then the 'Beer Pressure' gage is connected to the regulator outlet and the beer 'keg'.

Why do I all-of-the-sudden have a hankerin' for honeydew?;)

Back