Houblon Chouffe come get some.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
My version of a Belgian IPA. This beer is brewed with only two row and Pil's malt, but has some amazing head retention.
IPA-1.jpg

Please excuse the dirty kitchen. :(

Houblon has an awesome head as well, good job re-creating that. How close is the flavor?

I just did a two year vertical of Houblon, it ages beautifully. All the caramel notes in the fresh bottle mellowed out and let a lot more fruit through.

Houblon has an awesome head as well, good job re-creating that. How close is the flavor?

I just did a two year vertical of Houblon, it ages beautifully. All the caramel notes in the fresh bottle mellowed out and let a lot more fruit through.

I have never had Houblon. This beer was more a try at the style. I used noble hops, not American like Houblon. It taste really good though, its a good summer time beer.

. . . I used noble hops, not American like Houblon. It taste really good though, its a good summer time beer.
Just for reference, Houblon Chouffe Triple IPA uses Tomahawk (beginning and middle), Saaz (last 10 minutes) and Amarillo (dry hop).

Well I finally got a hold of Houblon at the local beer store. And well I am not going to lie. Its head was amazing, it put mine to shame.

Back