Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoolyBooger

Reaction score
A friend of mine challenged me to brew an IPA similar to SN Northern Hemisphere. I explained the fact that it is wet hopped. But he asked if I could try to brew something close. So does anyone know how to mimic those resiny, dank, slightly vegetal flavors that the wet hops provide? Also, does anybody know the hop varieties used in SN Northern Hemisphere?

So I'm not sure if this translates well but I'm at work and don't have all the time to write it out... Hope this helps...

image-2443577046.jpg

Thanks for the quick responses! What do you all think about throwing in some chinook at flameout to mimic those piney wet hop resins and the spiciness that it will be missing?

Looks like the new Stan H. book on Hops. Great read.

And no, you're going to have a very, very hard time brewing that beer without wet hops.

scottland said:
Looks like the new Stan H. book on Hops. Great read.

And no, you're going to have a very, very hard time brewing that beer without wet hops.

Yep, For the Love of Hops by Stan H.

I actually have that book, I just haven't gotten that far yet. I'm only on Chapter 2. I might have to cheat and look at the recipes before I finish the rest of the book..

Back