12 Beers of Christmas 2012!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received the address's. I bottled the Fruit Cake Old Ale yesterday and will be shipping out before Friday.

Yes, everyone should have received a PM from me with the addresses...sorry it was a day later than I anticipated. If you didn't get a message from me, let me know.

What do you all think about the proposed 2 beer trade with Faub007 as a substitute for the missing Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock? This post shows the details of his brew. He would only be sending/receiving 2 beers each...If we get a quorum to agree to add him in, I'll get him to send me his address to add to the list...

Got it.

I bottled the Crabapple Lambicky Ale a little over a week ago after letting it sit on the B. Brett for an extended period. I'm probably going to ship out middle of next week. It shouldn't require that much bottle conditioning, but I want to give it some before I ship.

Yes, everyone should have received a PM from me with the addresses...sorry it was a day later than I anticipated. If you didn't get a message from me, let me know.

What do you all think about the proposed 2 beer trade with Faub007 as a substitute for the missing Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock? This post shows the details of his brew. He would only be sending/receiving 2 beers each...If we get a quorum to agree to add him in, I'll get him to send me his address to add to the list...

I'm good with that trade.

Also if anyone has any shipping restrictions please post this week.

I am also amenable to that trade. Part of the point of this is to have the chance to try lots of new stuff, and I'm happy to do so.

Guys,

I will have to withdraw. My in laws got into my pumpkin beer over thanksgiving. 8(

Thanks for considering me.

Draygon, count on a few beers from me. Send a few back my way when you can. If you can't, we'll it sounds like you could use some beer so consider it a Christmas gift!

This. Been there, done that, Draygon--hang in there, man.

I expect to ship mine out by next Monday at the latest. I got laid out by severe bronchitis, which delayed me a few days, but am finally starting to get some energy back.

Getting these beers is a big part of what I'm looking forward to this year! :mug:

I see Shuznuts hasn't been on HBT since August and Dgez since September. Has anyone had any IM's from them?

If you guys see this, please respond. I'd prefer to hear from you guys before I put your boxes in the mail. Beyond that, some went out today and the rest will be out by Friday. Looking forward to your brews.

Guys,

I will have to withdraw. My in laws got into my pumpkin beer over thanksgiving. 8(

Thanks for considering me.

I appreciate you letting us know as soon as you could...looks like we have our complete list, and unfortunately only 11 brewers, but lets all expect to ship in the next week...

I plan on posting a notice when I ship, (possibly tomorrow).

We obviously have an address for Shuznutz, and I want to say he was one of the first to send that to me when I first put out that call...

got the PM and it looks like i'll be shipping them all out monday morning... i'll post here when everything is out the door... whoohoo!

1) Caramel Quadrupel (biochemedic)
2) Spiced Cherry Dubbel (Pint_destroyer)
3) DOA
4) Juniper Rye Bock (dgez) <----- arrived w/ bonus! thanks dgez! can't wait!
5) Fruitcake Old Ale (SavoryChef) <---------arrived in perfect shape and looking good!
6) Saffron Tripel (Piratwolf)
7) Christmas Gruit (Shuznuts)
8) Honey Ginger IPA (RedBeard1)
9) Crabapple Lambicky Ale (Clanchief)
10) Gingerbread Ale (sfrisby)
11) Spiced Bourbon Stout (Draygon)
12) Abbey Weizen (jtakacs)

mine are shipping monday - spending this weekend packaging... and draygon, i'm shipping to you too - no need for return fire, happy chrismakwanzika!

by the way, my bottles are nude - savory's bottles showed up and my business partner just said "you've been out-geeked" (total compliment - looks awesome!)

Damn, SavoryChef! Well played!

I'll be shipping out on Monday, too. Plan is to send everyone tracking #s Mon evening so you know it's comin' !

Cheers!

Just dropped everything off at the UPS store. Everyone check their PMs for tracking numbers. They said they will actually ship out on monday 12-3. ETA is 12-5 for east coast, 12-7 for west coast. I have marked mine with a capital "J" on the cap.

Did everyone put some sort of identification on their bottles? If so, biochemedic can you edit the first post to reflect the identifications?

SavoryChef...got your bottles today, perfect condition...really like the labels, nicely done.

For those that will be shipping to me when you get mine all it has on it is a gold top with a "I" on it. Sorry I didnt do fancy labels as Savory did :(

Hope you all enjoy. It has been 10 years since I bottled so I thought labels would be cool.

i couldn't really wait so i cracked open savory's fruitcake old ale...

i'm no beer judge, but i will do my best to explain this beer, which is difficult to do considering there's a lot going on in the tulip glass i'm drinking out of (sorry - probably should be a tulip, but i happen to dig "my" glass for every beer i want to pay attention to)

appearance: almost pitch black, but definitely deep brown and clear - just about as dark as you can get an old ale imo - looks inviting. head pours to about 3/8" and quickly dies down. keep in mind that i didn't have this in the fridge for long - just a few hours (but i got two more to go! woohoo!) so i think it'll be "prettier" with more time chilled and brought up to temp - this thing needs to be drank well above fridge temp imo. i'm not drinking this at it's optimum, solely because i'm impatient so keep that in mind.

technical: limited lacing, limited head viability, fantastically complex aroma, over the top complex taste, limited hop influence, and PERFECTLY balanced... very little yeast influence, but i'm guessing that's due to the fruit and grist.

taste? wow... where do i start? here's where; did you ever take a sip of beer you really wanted to try and then immediately go for another sip before you had a chance to know if you wanted another? this is that beer - the fruit adds PERFECTLY to the quality of this beer - it hits the back/sides of your palate and demands more. it also demands your attention.

aroma is of the best sours i've ever had (it's not a sour obviously) but imo the fruit has given the best of the fruit to compliment the grist and effort.

this beer is a shining example of what an old fruitcake ale should be... and admittedly i've never had one, but they will all be compared to savory's effort here.

savory: thank you very much - i am totally digging on this and while i was committed to saving a bottle of everyone's beer until next year, i'm not sure that'll be possible with this bad boy - a brewer friend and i are going to sample every beer through this effort and learn from it - i'll have to go back on this thread and check if you posted the recipe/process, cuz this is a beer to strive for... fantastic beer and i really appreciate it... you got your sh** down.

thank you, it's appreciated.

Didnt meet my goal of Friday. Last of the packages were dropped off this morning. Be on the lookout.

Edit: and Shuznuts, I didn't send yours although I have it set aside. If you check in here, I will get yours out too.

I'm planning on shipping out everything this Thursday or Friday. Once that's done, I'll send tracking numbers to everyone via PM.

Honey Ginger IPA is zooming towards all of you! Look for tracking numbers by the end of the day.

everything is out on my end via UPS - i'll send through conf #s if something doesn't make it...

Hey all!

Sorry for the delay. I've been on work related trips recently. I'm back and the packages are gaining out! Thanks

juniper rye bock has landed... my assistant asked if she could have one.

i said no. bah humbug.

Crabapple Lambicky Ale went out today. If anyone wants tracking info send me a PM and I'll respond with your tracking number.

Shuznuts said:
Hey all!

Sorry for the delay. I've been on work related trips recently. I'm back and the packages are gaining out! Thanks

Thanks for checking in Shuznuts. Your box is packed and will go out tomorrow.

According to my records, everyone should have received the juniper rye bock. I hope y'all enjoy them, and I look forward to the critiquing!!

I'll probably start tasting one a day starting this Friday. Will post my reviews. I can't wait!

So far I have received:

4) Juniper Rye Bock (dgez)
5) Fruitcake Old Ale (SavoryChef)
8) Honey Ginger IPA (RedBeard1)
10) Gingerbread Ale (sfrisby)
12) Abbey Weizen (jtakacs)

Most of you should've gotten my packages, if you haven't, PM me and I'll check the tracking number. I haven't tried any yet...will probably start cracking in next week!

I've updated the OP with labels designations/distinguishing cap marks, and will continue to do so as beers roll in...

Hey, all.

I just wanted you to know that I've been delayed but am finally sending stuff out. I'm leaving work at 3pm today, wrapping and packing the boxes, and--if I can get there before it closes--going to the UPS store to ship out. If it closes first, I'll hit the store first thing in the morning. Because of the delay, I'll post a general message here to confirm my drop-off time and I'll PM the tracking numbers.

Just so you know, it's been a combination of financial and time issues. But I've got all that taken care of finally. Once I ship these out, I will be able to fully relax and enjoy the holiday spirit (pun sorta intended).

One other point: my Brett BGS didn't taste right when I went to bottle it, so I'm not sending it out at this time. If it gets better and I can afford it, I'll shoot out a bottle at that point in the future. My plan then is to send two of the original recipe Saffron Tripel and one of the Saison yeast version--both of those are really good! If that doesn't work, please post here soon :)

Please accept my apologies for the delay and also for not posting here. I didn't want to post until I knew I was able to send the packages out. I've been so excited about this, the beers I've gotten so far look amazing, & there's no way I'm leaving anyone hanging!

Cheers!
pirat

few more arrived - the carmel quad, the gingerbread porter and something else (i'll post later) - the spiced porter popped during shipping tho, not sure why - packed nicely... only lost a teaspoon so it'll get consumed tonight, albeit a bit flat...

Cracked open a gingerbread porter tonight. Delicious! Had to share it with my wife and she loved it too. It was the red waxed top, is there a difference between that and the green tops?

Also, after seeing everyone's professionally packed boxes, I'm hoping my hillbilly packing made it safely. Did everyone receive my bottles intact?

Gonna sample one beer a day between now and christmas, skipping a few work nights. This has been a really cool project!

Back