pacman yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galensmitty

Reaction score
hey,
grew some pacman yeast from a bottle of rogue amber ale. I was wondering if anyone here has also grown it, because it looks unlike any other yeast I have grown in the past.
thanks
galen

What he's saying is: The yeast is not all powdery and soft looking as it settles out. It's settled out as gravel-sized clumps. To pitch or not to pitch, that is the question.

Ruy Lopez said:
What he's saying is: The yeast is not all powdery and soft looking as it settles out. It's settled out as gravel-sized clumps. To pitch or not to pitch, that is the question.

and you got all that from the above question :confused:

Not all yeast is soft or powdery as you mention, some are real clumpy. I don't specifically know about the pacman strain.

Ive heard that some places use different yeast for carbing. You sure its pacman you grew?

pacman is a very flocculant yeast, I have used it for a few beers and it really packs down in bottles, you can pour almost the entire bottle without getting the yeast to come out...I'd say you are probably fine. A friend of mine cultured it out of the Brutal Bitter and has used it many times.

Back