Digital temp controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBbrewing

Reaction score
I built a keezer last year and added a digital Johnson controller (from Northern brewer)and it worked fine in ther garage, so it got to being winter so I decided to move it to the basement, and now the temp on the contoller won't go below 46 degrees even though I have it set at 32 degrees? Anyone run into this problem? I took the probe out of the water that I have it setting in and the temp rises so it looks like it is working?

Sounds like the cooling hardware on the freezer is shot. Did you turn the freezer on it's side during the move? If so, you should have let the oil from the compressor settle back into place for 24 hours prior to plugging it back in.

Thanks Bobby, but no it stayed upright the whole move but i still let it sit for 24 hours before plugging in, i am going to try letting it sit unplugged again.

is your keezer onboard thermostat as cold as it will go? is it a freezer or a fridge? does it run non-stop?

Back