Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife has been making these in her free time, they need polishing but you get the idea.

Slide3.jpg

Slide2.jpg

If you where in Leadville you could brew at 10,000 feet :D

No, I am in Las Vegas, my parents are from Leadville and have a summer cabin there. I have heard stories of the cooking issues at that altitude... good luck.

I do like the labels & mining theme!

Label I made for a micro batch of mead. I usually dont label the beer. But I will be posting a few beer labels later on in the year, as I plan to do up some variety packs as x-mas gifts this year.

Drunken Fairey 2.jpg

Blackdiamond72 said:
My wife has been making these in her free time, they need polishing but you get the idea.

I LOVE bleeding cowboys font. I use it alot for anything from softball league shirts to beer labels. The wife gets +1 from me

I LOVE bleeding cowboys font. I use it alot for anything from softball league shirts to beer labels. The wife gets +1 from me

Or whoever decided to use that for your name. Stupid phone. Can't figure out how to edit my posts

Thanks, I'll let her know! She has made about 8 labels now based on that design. We are going to go through them and adjust the Bloody Cowboy font a bit so we can use them commercially someday without having to buy rights to it. Ironically, in my county, there was never a mine claim filed with "Lost Mine" in the name, so I figured I'd add it. That and my house sits on top of a few mine claims.

This may not be my final label...I may add some more info about this...but I like the way it came out.

What do you think?

6036230993_e52e1e3ea4.jpg

What do you think?

I really like it. My only suggestion (for you to do with what you like), would be considering adding the frame to the portrait. It kind of floats and the photo is cropped for a frame. You could also try darkening some or all of the photo, which is considerably lighter than the vibrant, contrasty background. Adding contrast to the photo may help unify the individual componants of the label. Again, just some thoughts...it's cool as is.

I really like it. My only suggestion (for you to do with what you like), would be considering adding the frame to the portrait. It kind of floats and the photo is cropped for a frame. You could also try darkening some or all of the photo, which is considerably lighter than the vibrant, contrasty background. Adding contrast to the photo may help unify the individual componants of the label. Again, just some thoughts...it's cool as is.

I see what you mean. I kinda wanted to give it a little bit of a 3D look (if you can see how some of my layers overlap. The frame is a good idea and I might make a version and see how it looks. Thanks for the input!

I see what you mean. I kinda wanted to give it a little bit of a 3D look (if you can see how some of my layers overlap. The frame is a good idea and I might make a version and see how it looks. Thanks for the input!

Now that you say that, it does have a 3D quality. But without knowing that, my mind did not make that logical leap; there's nothing in the design to associate with 3D. Good job executing your intent though...it does have a kind of hologram effect which the lighter less contrast of the photo & guns adds to.

I tried the frame and didn't like it at all. I did like when I darkened "Doc" and I softened the edges of his protrait so it wasn't so sharp..Made him a little bigger..I also added a little contrast and a yellow tint to his skin to blend in with the background....Which do you like better? The original or edit?

Edited
6038749017_1dbae7c11c_z.jpg

I tried the frame and didn't like it at all. I did like when I darkened "Doc" and I softened the edges of his protrait so it wasn't so sharp..Made him a little bigger..I also added a little contrast and a yellow tint to his skin to blend in with the background....Which do you like better? The original or edit?

Original

Edited
6038749017_340cc96716.jpg

The edited looks better to me!

What are the sizes you use for this? either pixels or inches

Sorry for the delay, just saw your question.

1200x1800 pix
4x6 in

edit: I should note that these will go above my tap handles on my frig, not on a bottle. They look a little big, so I am going to shrink them down to 3.5x5 moving forward.

Here's a rough draft of my Brewery Label....Im on a 5 year business plan...so I got time to mess around with it...

6059539771_a40465ca90.jpg

Back