Got a scam letter today....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXCrash

Gunshy
Reaction score
And no one cares...

We're all familiar with the check in the mail for X amount - send most of that money via western union to Maheed Fukedupercok, keep some of it for your inconvenience scam. I recieved one of those letters in the mail today - promptly called western union hoping to flag the name - they said to take the letter to the cop shop.

I did. They offered to shred the letter. No investigation. Nothing.

No wonder these bastards run these scams. No one cares.

have a PO box? wanna start having fun? Receive the check, then send an abusive email saying that you decided last minute to cash the check and send pictures of all the cool stuff you bought with it.

Believe me, it's a riot.

They'll also make silly signs for you.

smith smaller.JPG

And no one cares...

We're all familiar with the check in the mail for X amount - send most of that money via western union to Maheed Fukedupercok, keep some of it for your inconvenience scam. I recieved one of those letters in the mail today - promptly called western union hoping to flag the name - they said to take the letter to the cop shop.

I did. They offered to shred the letter. No investigation. Nothing.

No wonder these bastards run these scams. No one cares.

You need to file a complaint about the letter with the Attorney General of your state.

That's reminiscent of Revvy's Nigerian love slave. :D

There has never been a scam email as good as that one. I chronicled my adventures with her on another site...

Hello,
My name is doris caldwell,i am a submissive young lady willing to get a man to explore new things together,i would not mind a live in sex slave so that we can have sex as long as we want and whenever you wish to,i want you to reply if you are serious about getting someone for your sexual desires.

I am willing to meet you so that we can get to know each other much more better,i want a serious master and slave relationship and not just cyber freinds if interested i will send you my pictures if you want,just let me have your email address in your replying mail and we shall get to meet soon,You can also send me an email on ([email protected])

Doris.

I have a Nigerian Loveslave...Do YOU have a Nigerian Loveslave?

lulz: Welcome to the 419 Eater

Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:54:43 +0100 (BST)
Subject: ASSISTANCE FOR HELP AND MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU

NO 65 ROCKEY STREET,
JOHANNESBURG,
SOUTH AFRICA.
PHONE NUMBER:-27-73-181-4872.
SIR/MADAM,

GREETINGS FROM ME TO YOU.I KNOW YOU DON'T KNOW ME. BUT PLEASE CAN YOU BE OF ASSITANCES TO ME. I GOT YOU CONTACT ADRRESS FROM THE INTERNET TO SEE IF YOU CAN HELP ME TO TRANSFER OUR FAMILY MONEY TO YOUR ACCOUNT IN YOUR COUNTRY.

MY NAME IS MR IYKE MADU (JNR). I AM FROM ZIMBABWE, MY FATHER WAS KILLED DURING THE PRESIDENT ROBERT MUGABE SIZING OF LANDS FROM THE FARMERS, MY FATHER WAS AMONG THE FARMERS THAT WERE KILLED, BUT BEFORE HE WAS KILLED HE WENT TO SOUTH AFRICA AND DEPOSITED THE SUM OF $15.5 MILLION DOLLARS IN A PRIVATE SECURITY COMPANY.

NOW I AM IN SOUTH AFRICA WITH MY FAMILY. PLEASE I WILL STOP HERE, THEY IS NO NEED FOR TOO MANY STORY, I PROMISE YOU IF YOU CAN HELP ME TO TRANSFER THIS MONEY TO YOUR COUNTRY I WILL BE GREATFULL. YOUR PENCENTAGE WILL BE MAPPED OUT. WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY.

GOD BLESS YOU . IF YOU HAVE ANY BODY WHO CAN HELP, PLEASE. MY PHONE NUMBER IS ON TOP, SO PLEASE DO CALL ME. YOU CAN INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER SO THAT I CAN CALL YOU AS WELL.

YOURS FAITH FULLY,

MR IYKE MADU (JNR)

(FOR THE FAMILY)

To: Iyke Madu

Dear Mr. Madu (JNR),

Thank you for your email, which I found extremely interesting and boring at the same time (but that's just me). I sympathise with your plight. Robert Mugabe is indeed scum, and I for one would like to stab that bastard 419 times in the back! My apologies for my language Iyke, Mr. Mugabe makes me feel this way. [Will Iyke spot my 419 reference - I don't think so]

Anyway, I would be very happy to try to help you. Please get back to me with your plans ASAP.

Sincerely,

Mr. Butt Clencher.

I recieved the letter in the POSTAL MAIL, not e-mail. I'd assume that whoever sent these out bought a list and my name/ address was on it.

Sounded like the letter was going to be forwarded to the attorney general. Whatever - I've done what I can. Hopefully no one falls for this one. The police station has the letter and I asked that it be forwarded.

I'm thinking there needs to be a requirement for valid ID at western union... Or require western union to insure such transfers - would give them reason to nip this in the ass. The WU rep I talked to didn't give a flying fark - namely, I'm sure, because they MAKE MONEY OFF OF THIS! They should LOOSE money when well known scams like this are perpetuated through their service.

I recieved the letter in the POSTAL MAIL, not e-mail. I'd assume that whoever sent these out bought a list and my name/ address was on it.

Sounded like the letter was going to be forwarded to the attorney general. Whatever - I've done what I can. Hopefully no one falls for this one. The police station has the letter and I asked that it be forwarded.

I'm thinking there needs to be a requirement for valid ID at western union... Or require western union to insure such transfers - would give them reason to nip this in the ass. The WU rep I talked to didn't give a flying fark - namely, I'm sure, because they MAKE MONEY OFF OF THIS! They should LOOSE money when well known scams like this are perpetuated through their service.

That's the problem. Western Union couldn't give two ****s because A LOT of people fall for these scams meaning more money for them. I use to be a big contributor to thescambaiter.com. Goal was to waste their time (so they're not talking to others), have fun, and warn victims.

Back