Cider kits, a favour( little desperation here)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deebee

Reaction score
Hi.

Living in Norway i am looking at extortionate prices for a cider kit. A muntons Autumn gold would cost me around 35 GBp plus 13 in postage., this makes it absolutely not worth buying it.

For me to make turbo cider with a half decent juice that would give the cider both taste and a little body would cost an awful lot in fresh juice.

Both John Bull and Brewbuddy do cider kits ( like a malt extract), that are not available here, I can get them on e bay for almost nothing, or from some of the online shops in the uk, but they all want ridicululous prices to send them to me here in Norway.

Is there anyone who would be willing to buy and send one to me? I'll pay either COD or upfront if the price is right.

Please get in touch.

Thanks

They do brewer kits near me and most of them are priced at £10 gbp. There not too heavy, cant see them being too much to send to Norway.

They do brewer kits near me and most of them are priced at £10 gbp. There not too heavy, cant see them being too much to send to Norway.

would you mind dreadfully seeing how much they weigh then checking postage costs?

I would imagine the can is around 1.5 kilos and then there is packaging.. so i guess a round 2 kilos?

It would be great if you couls help.

Thanks

the kits I found, not sure if they are the ones you want! but they range from 900g wine kits, and the lager bitter and cider ones are are around 1.4 - 1.7 kilo, so yes around 2 kilo.

I will check postage costs and edit this post, is there a specific part of Norway i need to send to, or will postage to anywhere tehre be around the same price.

Royal mail seem to do 2kg packets at around £11 to Norway, and different services ranging upto £15

I also found DHL may do this for around £8.50.

Can you get juice, beer yeast, and specialty grains?

If so, make some Graff. Cider section of the recipes, you should see Graff there.

Being your location I would just use the juice, beer yeast, and specialty grains to make a good cider. don't worry about the DME and hops.

If you can get DME or LME easily then I would add it. A bit of hops in the boil of DME and LME adds balance to the overall flavor but is not completely necessary if you don't easily have access to these ingredients.

Not to mention, this is the best cider I have ever had.

Yes i can get juice, but stuff that is not watered down concentrate costs around 2.50 GBP a liter.

Grains we can also get , but the cost of transport is ridiculous, so unless i am going to order a large amount ( talking in reality 250 lbs or more ) then it is not worth it.

wow, 2.50 gbp a liter?

That is expensive, can you buy concentrate and mix your own juice? I would use that instead. I pay .7 gbp for 2 litres in phoenix Arizona.

Back