Brewing an imperial stout.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mloula

Reaction score
Brewing an imperial stout right now. Can you think of any reason I would regret using a wlp670 yeast cake to ferment this???

And this is going to be a huge stout. I have two packs of t-58 here, maybe I should use that. I'm so torn right now.

Still torn, but I don't think I'll use the 670. I have the two packs of t-58 which I haven't used before so maybe I'll just use that. I do have one pack of us-05 as well. OG is 1.069 so I should use two packs i guess so maybe one t-58 and one us-05. lol. Hmmmmmm, maybe I'll just let it spontaneously ferment. I seem to have some good yeast in the air around here as evidenced by a brown ale I did that with......

1.069? Not really high enough to need two packets, but you can. I'm currently brewing a stout with US05 with an OG of 1.116 and would have used two packs if I didn't already have yeast slurry from a 1.061 batch using one packet.

With regards to using T58, Belgian yeasts do make nice stouts though.

looneybomber said:
1.069? Not really high enough to need two packets, but you can. I'm currently brewing a stout with US05 with an OG of 1.116 and would have used two packs if I didn't already have yeast slurry from a 1.061 batch using one packet. Belgian yeasts do make nice stouts though.

I'll take that recipe. World Wide clone?

personally, I'd go with the 670 before the T-58. I think its spicy/peppery profile wouldnt mesh that well. i'd probably go with the pack of S-05, but the 670 does sound appealing (I love brett tho). i vote split batch

Back