What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crushingblackdoom said:
They have only one full length: ....Darkness, but an amazing 2song ep just titled Eibon. Also a split w/ a lame band, hangman's chair, but I'm not in love with it. Ever listen to Wolves In The Throne Room? Fauna? Asunder?

Also, hate to hog the thread, Nordeast, but if you like ice cold, dirty, grim as f**k black metal, check out Abyssic Hate. Fairly old, but absolutely ice cold. COLD & LIFELESS. Australian....

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Workin' on some Devin Townsend right now, everything of his including the SYL discography on shuffle. The man's just pure genius. :rockin:

Devin Townsend is one of my absolute favorites! I'm listening to the Ziltoid album right now.

I'm listening to the Ziltoid album right now.

Which one? I listened to Ziltoid: The Omniscient this morning. Hilarious. I highly recommend the second; Ziltoid: Attaxx, if you haven't heard it.

Right now, shuffle's playing me some Kataklysm! The Night They Returned of of the Serenity in Fire album. And now detecting a theme, To Reign Again from the In the Arms of Devastation. Love these guys! :rockin:

Aesop rock
we the American working population hate the fact that 8 hours a day is wasted on chasing the dream of someone who isn't us .. fumble out of bed and stumble to the kitchen; pour myself a cup of ambition... bring back Pluto damn-it

Opeth -The Roundhouse Tapes

Very nice! Have you heard the Live in Concert at the Royal Albert Hall show? Their 20th ann'y, played the entire Blackwater Park lp and then a set with one song from each album, in chronological order. Amazing.

Opeth's easily my favorite band, I think I'll put them on shuffle while I enjoy a few beers on the patio. :rockin:

Opeth - Heritage

Funny story about these guys. I've seen them several times dating back to '03, but this past May I went to a show to see Opeth and Mastodon co-headlining with guests, Ghost. Great, right?! Except it was the show in St. Paul where Mikael Akerfeldt split his head open stepping off of Mastodon's bus after Ghost finished their set. Sadly, Opeth didn't play that night, Mastodon played an extended set, but despite being a huge fan of theirs, I have to say they were less than stellar live. I left the show with a sweet Opeth t-shirt, a decent beer buzz and a hollow soul. The consolation is that I'd seen them last fall at First Ave, Mpls with Katatonia, no opener, just those two (sadly, despite our loudest chant's for Bloodbath to encore), an amazing show. My two favorite bands, one of the greatest venues in the midwest, and me (plus apparently other people were there too, couldn't tell ya).
Ok, end of my drunken Opeth story, back to the beer n metal. :rockin:

Opeth - Heritage

Funny story about these guys. I've seen them several times dating back to '03, but this past May I went to a show to see Opeth and Mastodon co-headlining with guests, Ghost. Great, right?! Except it was the show in St. Paul where Mikael Akerfeldt split his head open stepping off of Mastodon's bus after Ghost finished their set. Sadly, Opeth didn't play that night, Mastodon played an extended set, but despite being a huge fan of theirs, I have to say they were less than stellar live. I left the show with a sweet Opeth t-shirt, a decent beer buzz and a hollow soul. The consolation is that I'd seen them last fall at First Ave, Mpls with Katatonia, no opener, just those two (sadly, despite our loudest chant's for Bloodbath to encore), an amazing show. My two favorite bands, one of the greatest venues in the midwest, and me (plus apparently other people were there too, couldn't tell ya).
Ok, end of my drunken Opeth story, back to the beer n metal. :rockin:

Listening to Katatonia as I post this - 'Leaders'... :rockin:

A big d'oh!!! to missing Opeth and what sounds like a mediocre set by Mastodon. Probably can't blame them though... if someone cracked their head getting off my bus I might feel a little bad about it. :D

Neurosis. Souls At Zero.
after the almighty, Enemy of the Sun. Thinkin maybe SUNN next.... Maybe Swans...Are Dead.

Iration... Kind of a light Rick reggae style... Look 'em up! Look up "Time Bomb" or
"Falling"... Good chillin' music. ;)

Right Now.

Peace. Love. & Beer.
Cheers!

Listening to Katatonia as I post this - 'Leaders'... :rockin:

A big d'oh!!! to missing Opeth and what sounds like a mediocre set by Mastodon. Probably can't blame them though... if someone cracked their head getting off my bus I might feel a little bad about it. :D

Oh, I'm sure. Not to mention they were rushed on stage. They were switching off who closes, and Mastodon was set to close that night, so they had to play early, and an extended set. I wouldn't have been on top of my game either. One plus, the played March of the Fireants, which was really awesome.

Listening to Night is the New Day right now, getting things together for a batch of IPA, anxiously awaiting the release of their new album, Dead End Kings this August. :tank:

Listening to Night is the New Day right now, getting things together for a batch of IPA, anxiously awaiting the release of their new album, Dead End Kings this August. :tank:

We've got a little ways to go. :mug:

Unlike some of my friends, who have been touting 'Oh, Christmas is only six months away'...

I'd like to punch them in the nether regions. But I won't, because it would be wrong for me to take such action. Apparently they don't have a hobby so all they do is look at the calendar and quote how long it is until the holidays arrive. :D

And, ok, this is a little embarrassing to admit, but right now I have AC/DC on... 'Thunderstruck'... :eek:

Here you go Dawn,

To our fallen and to the PGR that helps bring them home.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got a little ways to go. :mug:

Unlike some of my friends, who have been touting 'Oh, Christmas is only six months away'...

I'd like to punch them in the nether regions. But I won't, because it would be wrong for me to take such action.

I think you're actions would be excused there. :D Summer's about to start, noone in their right mind should be thinking about xmas.

As far as AC/DC, can't help but love those guys. Dan, my friend, you hit the nail on the head. Someone mentions them, and like 6 tunes get stuck in my head! :mug:

Oh, I'm listening to Porcupine Tree at the moment.

I'm hoping to find some new things to listen to, my music tastes are pretty wide-ranging but am always looking for something new to sample. I'd like to see people post what they're listening to RIGHT NOW (embarrassing or not) to try out... maybe others will do the same. So I'll start... :ban:

Artist: Goldie Lookin' Chain
Song: Bad Luck

Even though this thread is almost a month old, I love these, so I had to reply. I'm at work listening to:

Minnesota - Breathe

Type O Negative. I have all their albums on shuffle. Also have some Monster Magnet mixed in there as well. I think I'm about to turn on some Kreator, because I've been listening to the other for over 2 hours while I was bottling, and about 1/3 of the way through brewing a batch of pale ale.

'Harelip' - Tomahawk. Featuring the same great voice behind Mr. Bungle, Faith No More, and Peeping Tom - to name a few... (Mike Patton)

He is the man. :rockin:

Latest posts

Back