CO2 Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meadsupporter

Reaction score
CO2 Regulator:

Quick question. My beer is fine, but when I go to attach another CO2 tank to my regulator sould I use a butt load of that plubers tape on the threads; or will just 1-2 layers be sufficient?

I usually do about 5 or 6 passes. Make sure you wrap it the same direction it threads on or it'll strip the tape right off.

With a standard nylon washer, I never use tape on my tank/regulator connection, and do not have leaks (not there, anyways :)

Op isn't asking about the tank connection. I would recommend about 5. Depending on the thickness of the tape. The pink or yellow are better than the cheap blue rolls.

What else would "when I go to attach another CO2 tank to my regulator" mean?

was asking that myself. what else would the OP have been talking about then?

teflon tape is going to do nothing for the regulator-to-tank connection. it seals by compressing the washer between them, not by the threads.

tape is completely unnecessary.

CO2 Regulator:

Quick question. My beer is fine, but when I go to attach another CO2 tank to my regulator sould I use a butt load of that plubers tape on the threads; or will just 1-2 layers be sufficient?

You should never use teflon tape or any other tape on the threads between the CO2 tank and regulator. The threads do-not seal and adding teflon tape just adds a opportunity for some of the tape to get between the two faces and cause a leak.

The correct seal is a fiber or nylon washer that drops inside the regulator nut before you thread it onto the CO2 tank valve.

The washers look like these:
12 - Nylon CO2 Tank Regulator Washers: www.kegkits.com

Back