KEEZER v1.9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDBreWs0624

Reaction score
This is are first keezer build with nine changes to the orignal plan. Took about a year to build hope you like. Already have toughts in my head what I will change on the next build some day. Any questions or thoughts welcome.

Thanks,

Cheers

1.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I really like the bottlecap top and the regulators in the lid. I'm in the process of planning a keezer on a 12.9 cu freezer. Did you have any trouble with it running too long or overheating due to having the wood right on the outside of the freezer?

I really like the bottlecap top and the regulators in the lid. I'm in the process of planning a keezer on a 12.9 cu freezer. Did you have any trouble with it running too long or overheating due to having the wood right on the outside of the freezer?

Not yet it's been up and running for about a month. I dont have photos of the other side where I cut open a port so I can remove the access cover for the compressor. It's set on 40 degrees and barely turns on.

Yes, this is an amazing build. Very similar to what I've been considering. One issue that I haven't been able to figure out though: How do you secure the "shell" to the freezer? It appears that you attached the bottom base board first, so did you then use that as a foundation for the panels on the side? I'm just struggling to figure out how to completely encase a freezer in wood panels like you've very successfully done! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, this is an amazing build. Very similar to what I've been considering. One issue that I haven't been able to figure out though: How do you secure the "shell" to the freezer? It appears that you attached the bottom base board first, so did you then use that as a foundation for the panels on the side? I'm just struggling to figure out how to completely encase a freezer in wood panels like you've very successfully done! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Yeah I made the base about and 1/8 inch bigger on the three side. Put the freezer down carriage then made up the three side on the floor with some liquid nails on the corners where the trim is after that dried just slid the oak veneer. Work out perfect didn't have to glue anything to the freezer. Did use some around the bottom where the carriage is so i could mount my drip tray. I have to say it was a tight fit. I didn't leave any gap around the panel and the freezer, but i haven't had a problem yet. I did cut out where the access panel is for the compressor is.

awesome, awesome, awesome

love the way you incorporated the mash paddle in there

love that you kept the brand label and power light visible

really love the bottle tops. reminds me of a bar in San Diego called Foggy's Notion (gone now). they had 4 or 5 bars, all had laminated tops with all kinds of junk stuck in it. a lot of coins, sports event tickets (this bar was located right across from SD sports arena), but mostly fake IDs that had been confiscated.

wondering if you were going to do anything for labeling the taps to indicate what brew each one pulls?

& did I mention this was AWESOME?

We plan on making several custom tap handles sd should have a photo of one already in the making. I figure making a bunch of tap handles should satisfy need to build small projects all the time.

awesome, awesome, awesome

love the way you incorporated the mash paddle in there

love that you kept the brand label and power light visible

really love the bottle tops. reminds me of a bar in San Diego called Foggy's Notion (gone now). they had 4 or 5 bars, all had laminated tops with all kinds of junk stuck in it. a lot of coins, sports event tickets (this bar was located right across from SD sports arena), but mostly fake IDs that had been confiscated.

wondering if you were going to do anything for labeling the taps to indicate what brew each one pulls?

& did I mention this was AWESOME?

Yeah we are. Just like Jsslack said we are going to make some tap handles. By the way Jsslack is my partner in crime. The IPA was my first attempt at a tap handle. ;)

Yeah we are. Just like Jsslack said we are going to make some tap handles. By the way Jsslack is my partner in crime. The IPA was my first attempt at a tap handle. ;)

you guys are just up the road, across the river

edit: and notice, being a Civil War enthusiast and close to Manassas, that y'all are very close to Sharpsburg.

you guys are just up the road, across the river

edit: and notice, being a Civil War enthusiast and close to Manassas, that y'all are very close to Sharpsburg.

Yeah man just right up the road, and across the river. Yeah just like a 3 min ride to Sharpsburg.

Yes there was and still is power to the lid. There was a connector in the compressor compartment to disconnect the power. We also cut and spliced in a single gang box so that the lid would always have power for the power light on the front and also the interior light, which we reused the original switch. The single gang box allowed us to use an external thermostat to cycle the power to the compressor and pc fans while allowing the power to the lid to remain constant.

Back