Faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msmith92

Reaction score
Anybody have any recommendations on faucets?

I am looking for a single tower faucet. Seems like midwest supplies and northernbrewer have both (midwest is cheaper).

Anything I should avoid or make sure the faucet has?

Thanks!

Perlick forward sealing faucets are held in very high regard around here. I have three of the 525ss models and they area great. I upgraded from the standard chrome plated rear sealing faucets and the difference is huge. My old faucets would stick if you didn't pour a pint for a few days. I had one stick shut, went to pour a pint and it opened, but wouldn't shut. I made quite a mess (and wasted beer) as I was opening the fridge grabbing for the disconnect.

The general belief is that the regular faucets are great if they're used alot, like in a bar. But for a little extra money, I would go with the perlicks. I wish I had gone with the perlicks to begin with.

The stainless perlicks are around $32 or so. They also make a cheaper version that's still forward sealing but is chrome plated brass for around $17. My entire set up is stainless; faucets, shanks, tail pieces. It may be a little overkill, but I got a very good deal on it. You can certainly obtain acceptable pours with cheaper equipment. The key is to balance your keg system.

Yeah don't cheap out on the faucet. I bought a basic chrome one initially to save $10 and have since replaced it, essentially wasting that $20 purchase. Sticking taps are terrible when guests come over!

As others have said, I heard perlicks all over this board and didn't think twice about spending less for any other brand. I haven't looked back and they work flawlessly. I can see why when a faucet suggestion comes about, it's always a Perlick. I too have the 525SS and freaking love them. Plus, they are beautiful faucets up close.

As others have said, I heard perlicks all over this board and didn't think twice about spending less for any other brand. I haven't looked back and they work flawlessly. I can see why when a faucet suggestion comes about, it's always a Perlick. I too have the 525SS and freaking love them. Plus, they are beautiful faucets up close.

+a million

Cheers!

Back