Poor mans jockey box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stockspeed3

Reaction score
Well I don't have much money to build a jokey box like I want so I guess this will do. I have one picnic tap for the five gallon keg and I have a tap in a bucket for he three gallon. It seems to work pretty good and kept my beer cold all weekend. I know a jokey box would work a million times better and I would love to have one. So if u want to sell me yours cheap or parts to make one please help a poor man out.

image-2264964124.jpg

Well I don't have much money to build a jokey box like I want so I guess this will do. I have one picnic tap for the five gallon keg and I have a tap in a bucket for he three gallon. It seems to work pretty good and kept my beer cold all weekend. I know a jokey box would work a million times better and I would love to have one. So if u want to sell me yours cheap or parts to make one please help a poor man out.

While, not a jockey box (jockey boxes hold the keg at ambient temp and chill the beer through a coil just before hitting the tap) it's is a pperfectly acceptable keg setup. It's been tested for years by tailgaters and colleges. All you need is the bottom quarter of the keg cold and you are set.

Yooper said:
That's what I used for years, until I "upgraded?" to my trashcan kegerator.

I love that. How much ice does it take to fill it with the kegs in it?

Am I wrong for wanting some of Yoopers IPA so early in the morning??

No... If you want some, and won't get in trouble for having some (such as at work) then go for it... If anyone looks at you funny, just say you forgot to take your B-Complex this morning, so you're getting part of your RDA in the glass. :rockin:

Back