priming and bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoavoren

Reaction score
hello i'm about to bottle myy first batch
i'm making a coffee stout and i'm in the second week of my fermentationg, fermentation temp is 68-75f (20-24c) in a tub with water because it is too hot over here.
my question is after i bottle i cant put it in the tub but i have a place where i can put it in 65f (18c) is it ok for the priming phase?

Yes, room temperature or just below that is fine for conditioning your bottles. Thanks for converting C to F for us ignorant Yanks. Do Israelis call us Yanks?

amm actually not we don't we call u americans.
my questions was if i can put it in 65f which is way lower than room remp here?

amm actually not we don't we call u americans.
my questions was if i can put it in 65f which is way lower than room remp here?

Yes you can, and nothing will go wrong. However, at this stage, there's no reason to condition them cool. Pretty much all the fermentation activity is done, so if you wish to store them warmer, you certainly can...and they'll carb up faster.

yes but the thing is i'm afraid that in a room temp of atleast 86f it will go bad.
the thing is i bartend in a pub that we keep our kegs in a cooling room so i can store there or in my house
so i wanna know only which is better

Actually, you want it warmer while you're carbonating 70+. 65 will be a bit chilly and will take much longer to carbonate. If you are choosing between 65 degrees and over 86, then I would keep them in the warmer place for 3 weeks or so until they carb, then move them to the cooler spot to store.

Back