NorthernBrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheatbeerPY

Reaction score
Are the ingredients in the NorthernBrewer extract kits quality? I'm want to try some of the hefe's. Any suggestions?

I have ordered 3 times from them and been impressed.
If you have questions about a kit don't hesitate to call them.
They are very helpful and endure noob questions.
I have brewed NB's dunkelweizen and it turned out great.
Now I have their AG Irish Stout bottle conditioning and it tasted very good uncarbed before bottling.
Saturday I'm brewing Java Coffee Porter Stout.

I just brewed NB's hefe kit. turned out a bit darker than a standard hefe, but I'm sure adding the liquid extract would likely have addressed that.

I've brewed several other kits from them as well as ordering their extract. very pleased in every case.

I highly recommend them

They are pretty awesome! If I want to try a new beer style, invariably I might buy their kit to see what it's like. Their ingredients are good, the price is better then if I tried to buy ingredients separately, and they do a good job at replicating the basic characteristic of that style. I then go and work on my own recipe for adding some more character to the flavor. If there's anything negative to say about their kit beers is that they can be a bit plain ole vanilla.....but that's in comparison to great craft beers. Give any non-brewer a glass, and they'll swear that one of these beers is the best they've ever had!

Back