Suggestions on a good Irish Red

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell0347

Reaction score
Hi, I browsed the recipe data bank and found several for an Irish Red Ale. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good partial mash Irish Red or one off the list that you have personal experience with. I have a 24qt. brew pot so It has to be a 3.5 gallon boil and looking for a 5 -6 gallon batch size. This will only be my second batch to brew so nothing too crazy. I've sat in on a couple of brew sessions and have a couple of good books so I think I have a pretty good understanding of the basic techniques. I aint skeerd!:D

Thanks for any input!

Brian

Hi, I browsed the recipe data bank and found several for an Irish Red Ale. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good partial mash Irish Red or one off the list that you have personal experience with. I have a 24qt. brew pot so It has to be a 3.5 gallon boil and looking for a 5 -6 gallon batch size. This will only be my second batch to brew so nothing too crazy. I've sat in on a couple of brew sessions and have a couple of good books so I think I have a pretty good understanding of the basic techniques. I aint skeerd!:D

Thanks for any input!

Brian

You mention having a few good books. I would recommend, Brewing Classic Styles, by Jamil Zainasheff & John Palmer. The recipes are award winning and cover I believe all styles of beer.

They are set up as extract brews and yet offer an all grain option for each recipe.

I now almost only brew the recipes from this book with the exception of my house beer. It is borrowed from our own Ed Wort and it is his Haus Ale.

Yeah, +1 to "Brewing Classic Styles". I'm at work so I don't have my copy to hand, but there is a recipe for an Irish Red Ale in there which I'm sure someone can post up for you.

Back