Paintball high pressure hose connection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fett327

Reaction score
So I currently have a couple regs in my kegerator that are hooked up together. There is a high pressure hose that connects them to my C02 tank, but it is really inflexible and a real pain when i switch tanks as i have to take out the regs and the tank to get things disconnected.

So a few days ago i bought a paintball remote hose. These hoses can take pressures greater than 3000psi and is coiled so it should be very flexible.

I just got one problem. I cant hook it up to the regulator to the hose! The connections are different sizes AND the regulator connections are reverse threaded. Pictures below show what i got exactly.

2933597874_a9ed2f11cd.jpg

2933599624_0f9abd610f.jpg

So, has anyone had any experience with this? Does anyone know of a good website where I could get a coupler that will connect these two pieces? I tried searching around but i haven't found anywhere that carries such an exotic piece.

You might want to go to a larger paintball shop and talk to one of their gun techs. I use to manage a field, and I remember dealing with all kinds of hose/connector issues. It's been years though so I can't remember any specific connectors that would help.

Thanks Baron ken. I saw that too, but i got the remote hose for $15 at a local paintball shop. Im hopin i dont have to spend $62 + shipping on that hose.

Also, that paintball adapter that's at Williams Brewing seems like its for connecting a paintball tank to your reg. Not exactly what im tryin to do. But thx for the suggestion.

Did the remote look like this?
41MWT8XDG7L._SS500_.jpg

The fitting at the top of the picture will screw into your regulator nut (the one at the far right in your first picture...put it back on your regulator).

And the on/off valve (at the bottom of the remote picture) should screw onto your co2 tank (you don't need to screw down the on/off knob since there is no pin).

Use nylon seals in both places (similar to the below picture).
nylon-seal_zm.jpg

EDIT: ******* as always, be very careful when working with CO2.***********

Hmm, well i never thought that the On/Off valve would screw into my Co2 tanks, but looking at it now it seems like it might fit. Its a little late now, so ill try it and make sure tomorrow.

As far as connecting the other end to the regulator, i got the remote hose cheap because it didn't have the whole assembly that you have pictured. It only has one end of the usual quick disconnect that is at the end. I guess i could always go back to the paintball shop and pick up the other end of the disconnect. But honestly, i wouldn't feel too comfortable having a quick disconnect in my main CO2 line. Seems like asking for trouble. Although its good to know i have the option if worse comes to worst. Thanks Baron.

Imma go to a local welding supply shop tomorrow and see if i can still dig up a solid adapter for this thing. Seems like it has to be a coupler between a 1/4 Female NPT Left handed to a 1/8 Male NPT.

Back