how to make yeast and malt extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psychou

Reaction score
hello i want to make my onw beer but i have one difficult question.. i wnat to make my own yeast and malt extract becouse in my country is difficult to find such
ingredients...
so i red a lot of stuff obout the malt extract but i dont know how to "dry" it..
thanks and excuse me for my bad language skills

in bulgaria everything is legal:) i am makeing wine and brandy... i will check this web right now

Good luck to you! It may actually be fantastic beer, because I assume that your ingredients will be fresher than what most of us can get.

I am sure that a packet of dry yeast could make it through customs in , say... a birthday card. I would probably be willing to help a fellow brewer out with some if you can't get any. For God's sake don't use bread yeast!!!;)

hah :) thaks for the advice. now i am thinking obout the yeast. in my country we are useing wild yeast for making wine and home made brandy... but i am not sure is it going to work with the beer. i am wondering is there such unfiltered beer, there was such 2 or 3 years ago but now i am not sure.. how ever i will find tha way thanks to all of you.... hey this will be good present for my "birthday":) i will have yeast to the end of my life.but first i will try it by the harder way. the beer will be more tasty:)

One of the major producers of dry brewing yeast is Fermentis a business unit of the Lesaffre Group, so I'd expect you'd be able to find the products in Europe.

in Europe... yep. in bulgaria yeast,malt and hops are selling only for industrial producing. i cant walk into a shop and buy yeast or malt :)
:mug: to everyone

Hey just say the word and im sure we could get you some yeast- few packets could go a long way. Good luck!

thanks a lot but first i will test my theory obout the wild yeast if it fale i will ask some of you to send me :mug:

Hi again people.:mug:
I made my first malt. Now it's dry and smells good. I am proud of me :) .
I tried to grow wild yeast, but with no success. I am not sure about the reasons. I am makeing brandy and when i smash the apricots and when i put the sugar with water after few days i can see foam. But now i cant se foam in my jar.
So i will be very grateful if someone send me 1 packet of yeast,if its not expensive . Thanks!! and :mug:

Psychou,
I am currently in Sofia and suprise, suprise, have two packages of yeast for you.

Are you still around and anywhere near Sofia?

All the posts in this thread were the only posts he made on here, so it's doubtful he is still on here. BUT if you private message him, there is a SLIM, but still a chance that he had his setting such that he would get an email notification on whatever email he used to sign up for this alertig him that you private messaged him.

I think it's worth a try...

:mug:

Ah well, i tried...

The following errors occurred with your submission:
Psychou has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Ah well, i tried...

The following errors occurred with your submission:
Psychou has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Darn.....good try AND a really good gesture on your part.:mug:
(That's why I love this community.)

Back