Center Inlet Chugger Pumps Mounting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsomogyi

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice for mounting these pumps? I'm going to hard plumb between three of the pumps on the same horizontal plane, with electronic valves to control flow. However, the outlets are slightly off from 90 degrees (see image of pump), which will cause issues when trying to run SS pipe between each fitting. Should I fabricate a mounts on my stand that are at an angle for the pump to bolt into, or maybe a welded mount, but use washers to introduce an angled to the mounted pump. Hope I'm making sense.. Any thoughts?

IMG_0257.jpg

Have you checked that the base can not be lossened and the pump rotated so the outlet is vertical? Just going of pictures on the chugger website that show all their centre inlets having the outlet vertical.

The base is welded to the cylinder. I also tried to change the pump faceplate in all four rotated configurations and none of the configurations allow a vertical outlet without needing to do some kindof mounting trickery.

That Sucks, have you though about checking with Chugger if that is normal?
If you going to use those pumps I would make the mounts level and go with the washer/shim approach. That way if you ever need to replace a pump and the new one is not on the piss it won't be a major PITA

I've sent an email to chugger explaining the issue, with a link to this thread. Well see if I get a response via email or on this thread. Good call on the washer approach, maybe being the better of the two options in the long run. Thanks.

From what I have seen Chugger is pretty good with their customer service. I am stoked that they now stock a 230V pump and seem to do international shipping. Good luck!

I had a problem once and e-mailed Chugger. No response. But then I called and they were very responsive.

If anyone has any questions on Chugger Pumps you can contact us in any of the following ways

Phone: 1-800-810-1053

email:

[email protected]

Facebook:

Chugger pumps

We will respond within 5 minutes....if you don't get a response to an email call it may get spammed...it happens. lease do not use HBT to contact us as we do not follow all the time

Please call me ...800-810-1053 MIKE ....We have never seen this before. It looks like the cord is wrapped on the base? Please show a pic with the cord unwrapped?

Thanks for the feedback samuryan. Good to know it is not normal. I called Mike and he quickly let me know it was not normal. They quickly addressing the issue via a return.

Mine was slightly off, the mounting plate was bent slightly during shipping, straightened it out and now sits perfect. Worth checking

Back