Ween + Legos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Ween was commissioned to write a jingle for Pizza Hut awhile back, for a pizza with cheese hidden inside two layers of crust.

This is the jingle set to legos.

Weird. Anyway, Pizza Hut didn't like the jingle and fired Ween, so they then went and did a revised version. Click here to listen/download. It's beautiful. I love Ween.

B*tch, where'd the motherf*ckin' cheese go? :rockin:

Last edited by a moderator:
They are awesome. I can't believe they were gonna sell out and do a pizza add!! Who'd they end up using? Gwen Steffani?

I never miss them when they come through Chicago. "La Cucaracha" is near the top of my 2007 albums list. Ween does no wrong.

I've actually heard that they've done a number of demos for jingles and advertisements. It usually isn't them when you hear it in the commercial, but they wrote it. Whenever I hear a particularly well crafted or clever jingle, I wonder if its Ween penned. A band like Ween gets no radio or video airplay, don't sell many records in the big scheme of things and makes all their money touring. If they can make some tall cash by writing short throwaways to sell pizza or anything else, I bow to them. Its better than my job.

cheezydemon said:
I can't believe they were gonna sell out and do a pizza add!!

They did a car commercial, or their music(Ocean Man) was used in a car commercial(honda??). I love Ween too btw.
That video is funny Evan!

cheezydemon said:
I can't believe they were gonna sell out and do a pizza add!!

Why is it "selling out" to do a pizza ad? It's not like they sold the rights to an existing song, even if you consider that wrong. Just seems like a silly thing to call them out about.

Whatever---if someone wanted to fork over a bunch of cash for me to write some dumb jingle, I'd be a ******* to say no. It's even more hardcore that they did the second one after Pizza Slut fired them.

You know, though, I just love the juxtaposition of Pizza Hut asking a band who performs a song called "Snort the Coke off My Dick" to do a jingle for them. I wonder if they actually fired them because they eventually found out that they're not exactly a g-rated act.

Anyway, where'd the cheese go?

I know.

boognish. all hail boognish

she can get her masters degree in ****in me

all the drunk sailor sing: after i **** her she'll get up and sing

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Ween. I was talking about them with my younger brother and his friends and it turns out that Generation Nannied has relegated them to the realm of "hesher music." I don't know when that happened but I was not consulted.

good stuff (ween, not the pissa). I hadn't heard about this but damn funny. I'm surprised to learn they do jingles, but I don't blame them. Money is money and there isn't always a lot of it in indie rock. hell, the dudes from Spoon were still bussing tables and struggling to pay bills well after they'd established themselves on the scene.

good stuff (ween, not the pissa). I hadn't heard about this but damn funny. I'm surprised to learn they do jingles, but I don't blame them. Money is money and there isn't always a lot of it in indie rock. hell, the dudes from Spoon were still bussing tables and struggling to pay bills well after they'd established themselves on the scene.

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. -Hunter S. Thompson

Sorry to follow a quote with a quote! But I thought it applied. Now Where the ****ing cheese at?! :mug:

I thought for sure I was going to see this video when I opened the thread!

[YOUTUBE]q5K_w9Tbhoc[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: Doh! I fail.

Back