System design suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jriggz7

Reaction score
Started off with 10g blichmann bk/hlt and converted cooler mlt. Replaced cooler with blichmann 15 g and bought march pump wanting to develops rims setup. Had banjo burner as heating source but now need more control. Been looking at brewer's hardware rims tube with 1500w water heater element and bcs 460 controller. Power supply most likely be 120v But might tap into 220v outlet from washer. Considering hard on all electric be nice especially during winter and inside accommodations but propane/electric OK too. Looking for suggestions on all electric heating setup or propane/electric. Found a couple schematics for control panel on various forums. Going crazy due to not being able to brew until setup complete! :mug:

Those bcs setups look pretty cool, and w just 120v RIMS might be the way to go. I'm very happy with my herms setup- keggle hlt has 3/8in coil in it and 5500w element controlled by ssr/pid with a march pump to push everything around.

Mash tun temp is maintained/raised by changing hlt temp while recirculating through herms coil.

BK is just on a propane blichmann burner as I figure I don't need any automation/temp control to boil.

That's how I do it, but there are much much more sophisticated options on here. If you do go 220, then all electric is pretty slick. Check out Kals all electric brewery for inspiration- PJ has also diagrammed out just about every possible configuration just run searches to your heart's delight. Luck.

I agree the bcs does seem to be nice setup. Definitely like the bcs 460 with interface possibly on android. Don't know how to do it and screen size be a pain but all got left is nexus tablet which maybe able to use as well. Don't see a lot of talk about it tho on here. I've seen PJ mention another controller think auber. A lot of gold in these forums will definitely check Kals all electric brewery, all P-J's diagrams. 220v system with SPA box I think it is where I think I'm heading. Price tag will decide.. Thanks for the help!
Cheers

Latest posts

Back