Attention Canadians!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not tried those but a friend has tried the brand and didn't say favourable things about them. They were pretty flat tasting, if I recall. Not carbonation flat, just not a lot of body to the beer. About what you would expect from any of the cheaper kits. Not sure if he made those particular styles though.

It sounds like your expectations for them are pretty low anyway so you'll probably get out of them what you're expecting. The investment on them is pretty low.

Thanks Johnny. I was thinking it might be a decent base to play with hop additions with as well, i.e. bland enough that I can doctor it up and see what difference there is. Thinking I'd do the kit, but split it three of four ways and see how it comes out.

That leads to another question, where can I source hops in the valley? I know some farms in the Wolfville/Grand Pre area grow them, can they be found anywhere in this end of the valley?

You know, I have no idea where to find hops out here. I'm sure there farms growing them though. Noble Grape is the only place I know of to get a varied supply. If you're ever by the Port Pub in Port Williams, ask Randy if he knows where you can get them locally. If anyone would know, it would be him. I'll ask the next time I'm in there as well and post here.

Back