best beer you ever had from a can

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kona's Bikini Blonde is amazing. can't stress this enough.

But it's way too expensive to buy very often at all. Their coconut porter is really good too, but it's even more expensive.

I still get a Boddington's every now and then in a can.

I was really liking MH#9 in a can around the pool this summer as well.

Had a friend bring me a Stowaway IPA from Baxter Brewing in Maine. What a nice beer!! Dale's Pale Ale is in stores around here in NJ, and I like that one too.

Alan

Ska's Modus Hoperandi. Amazing!
Delicious!
Their mexican logger in a can is surprisingly good!
Forgot about that one. Great summer beer.
Big Sky's Moose Drool.
I had no idea they canned. One of my favorite beers. I usually ALWAYS have a Moose Drool clone on tap. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for some.

Another great on is Santa Fe's Freestyle. If you can't tell, I'm a big canned beer junkie. Even before I got into good beer (or rather before I had access to good beer growing up in Nebraska) I was one of the few(read: two) people in the bar drinking out of a can, so this whole quality canned beer revolution has me stoked. Plus, I like to hike a lot, so the option of throwing a few cans in the daypack versus bottles is right up my alley.

27.jpg

Kona's Bikini Blonde is amazing. can't stress this enough.

But it's way too expensive to buy very often at all. Their coconut porter is really good too, but it's even more expensive.

Those are Maui Brewing, not Kona.

And yes, any Maui Brewing beer is god in convenient aluminum 6-pack form.

Man, I could go for a Big Swell IPA right NOW.

Another vote for the Modus Hoperandi here. That said, I have had few beers in a can outside of BMC.

Gotta throw in another recommendation for Sun King out of Indianapolis. They only use cans and kegs (and lately, mini kegs) and their beer is delicious.

My favorite is the coconut porter from Maui Brewing but Southern Star Brewing (Conroe, TX) makes two awesome ones: Buried Hatchet Stout and a Bombshell Blonde cream ale

My favorite is the coconut porter from Maui Brewing but Southern Star Brewing (Conroe, TX) makes two awesome ones: Buried Hatchet Stout and a Bombshell Blonde cream ale

I've got a couple of those coconut porters in the fridge, they were pretty interesting, might be close to my favorite porter. The Blond Bombshell is awesome though! Its like the perfect fishing beer for the lake when you only want to bring cans, even BMC drinkers loved it.

Heady Topper and Hop Crisis are my two favorite canned beers. Got lucky that my parents took a trip to Vermont the same week the Alchemist's cannery opened and they brought back a case of Heady for me to share with some friends..

Santa Fe Brewing Co. has a great Imperial Java Stout (not for dunking donuts) and Oktoberfest that both come in cans.

Anderson Valley Brewing Co, has started putting boont amber in cans as well. Definitely my favorite amber ale.

Stein- that java stout is one of my favs as well! I was just at the liquor store looking for some and the guy told me mid november for this years release. Have you seen any down in NM yet?

River, we have our homebrewers meeting tonight at the SFBC and a few of their brewers attend our meetings. I'll be sure to ask them when to expect it on the shelves. It is their winter seasonal so it should be soon.

Edit: The retail manager of SFBC also comes to our meetings, I sent out an email and this is her response.
"So the Java Stout will be releasing Saturday November 19th. I wouldn't expect it to hit shelves in CO for at least a week after that, although Brian wants it on the market in time for Thanksgiving. Despite how it may seem, that's the earliest we've ever released the Java, so we're actually ahead of schedule for once! Yes, it can happen. Feel free to pass the word down the line."

So there you are, hopefully you can take a 6 pack to Thankgiving!

Back