Labor Day = Brewing Day!! What you guys got planned?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdlev

Reaction score
My hefeweizen turned out so well, I'm thinking about doing another 10g, because it's as easy drinkin as water. I might try another pumpkin ale because after 2 months, mine is still overspiced, and darn near undrinkable. What about you guys? What do you have planned?

I think I'll be brewing my Pumpkin ale for this year. My last two attempts were pretty bad. He first one was liquid pain. The next one was almost sort of okay. This will be the year. I never seem to do well with beers that use more than your typical 4 beer ingredients.

I'm showing a bunch of people how to do extract brewing. I expect to get 2 or 3 more people into the insanity of homebrew. Although how insane is it when you can drink a 6pack for only 4.50, not 10?

Maybe it is just what we do for that bottle that is crazy :/

I was just looking for that...what's your grain bill look like for the Fat Tire clone?

Nope.

Labor day for me is remodeling day. Investment property left in shambles by a bad tennant.

There will be beer tho'. I suspect copious amounts of it.

Brewing a wee heavy and going to parties hosted by fellow brewers on Saturday and on Sunday, so there'll be some good stuff on tap.

5 gal batch of APA then either 5 gal batch of Deception Cream Stout or my Wiezenbock

I have to work Sat. and Sun., but on Monday I plan to brew 10g. of OktoberFast and if I have enough time, 10g. of Centennial Blonde.

Saturday will be a Spotted Cow clone and Monday will be a Vanilla Stout brew. Both are 5 gallon batches. I would love to squeeze a wee heavy in too, but I am limited by my current secondary capacity.

Sadly, I think family plans are on the agenda. I have a few batches just in kegs or ready to bottle, and if I'm lucky I'll be bottling at best. I have lots of house and garage items that need attention.

I am pretty sure we are going downstate to visit the MOTHER IN LAW. If I'm lucky that will entail heading to Bells with the BIL as "Escape Plan B". Just have to dream up some excuse for going into town.

I do promise to fit in some WoW and some fairly heavy drinking at night though!

I'll be brewing an AHS Fat Tire clone! :ban:

SWEET!!! My AHS Fat Tire clone has been in the bottle for 2 weeks, going to give one a try this weekend to see how it's coming along. New Belgium FINALLY made it to Maryland last week, so I'm actually a bit wore out on the Fat Tire at the moment. Hopefully that will allow me to give my beer a good chance to bottle condition.

I'll be helping a buddy brew up a double batch of pumpkin ale on Friday. Then we are both going to whip up some of EdWorts Apfelwein!!!!

Need to bottle up an IPA, move porter to secondary, then gotta keep the pipeline going:

Going to brew a wheat beer with a hint of lemon at the end, then hopefully some of the Edwort's apfelwein since it looks suuuuuper easy!

I'll be doing a 5g batch of an Octoberfest Ale. It's possible that this might turn into a 10g batch instead...

I'd really like to get a second batch in this weekend as well since the pipeline is empty. But, I'm not sure how much time I'll have. I thought about doing a Hefe (yes, I know, I've already had people bust my chops about being out-of-season... but I do like it!). I might do an American amber instead (maybe NB Waldo Lake). I'm just not sure yet.

Jaz

I am on call so I have to stay in town and near home so I planning to bottle my Huckleberry Honey Ale and brew up a quicky Cascade Blonde Ale. If I have time I may even do a second batch on Sunday, if SWMBO is okay with it.

I need to look at the fall menu planner and see what I can get going while my OctoberFest takes up all the space in my lagering chamber.

All things considered it'll probably be something simple so I can get a BIAB under my belt.

If everything goes right I'm brewing a partial mash milk chocolate porter on Friday, bottling on Saturday, and brewing my first all grain on Sunday (Chinook IPA kit from NB.

Brewing a Juggernaut Nog American barleywine and a galaxy ipa. I figure an extra day off means an extra batch if beer!

I'll be bottling my latest Belgian wit. I need to go shopping for some ingredients for my next two batches.

FYI - they'll be back to back Irish Reds: one for me, and one for tailgating. It shall be named the #8 Red, because dammit, we're Oklahoma. :)

Labor Day weekend is going to be taken up with bottling and tasting.
Bottling: SN type Pale Ale
Bottling: My own recipe IPA
Tasting: Oatmeal Stout

5 Gallons of gluten free pale ale tonight

5 (maybe 10) gallons of american amber tomorrow

"reduction of inventory" the balance of the weekend :drunk:

Slowfro said:
"reduction of inventory" the balance of the weekend :drunk:

Haha! Nice. I'll be "generating empty bottles for my next bottling day."

Gonna try Revvy's Leffe clone, if I can get off my lazy butt and get the starter ready in time that is.

Vanilla Porter on deck! With the hop shortages, it's the perfect time to get this going!

Back