Earthquake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People from twitter talking about it right now on my feed.

Apparently it was felt up in the entire East Coast.

Here in Montreal I felt nothing, but I've been told some felt it.

Felt it here in delaware. Sitting out in my car on my lunch break and the car started rocking. I though someone was playing a prank on me.

my co-workers in Durham NC are all talking about it. I didn't even notice it. Perhaps desensitized from living in CA for 8 years prior to moving here?

First it felt like a train going by, then the whole house started to wiggle for a good 10 seconds. Freaky.

I'm here in Richmond, VA. It was pretty crazy. Not used to feeling something like that here on the East Coast. My guess is Californians are laughing at us right now.:cross:

That was nuts... our whole effin building (I'm on the 31st floor) was swayin' pretty good.

I've got a sister-in-law in Virginia and a brother-in-law in NY so we all just did the "family email tree" for the in-laws telling them everyone was safe.

I can't imagine there was any actual damage in Boston but there are helocopters flying around my building and I have heard nothing but sirens for the last ten minutes.

OHHHHS NOS!!!! It's King Kong!!!! SONOFA!!!

I'm on the fourth floor in Laurel, just north of DC. That was quite a wild few seconds there! The floor was moving under my feet!!

They are saying the epicenter is Mineral, VA less than 30 miles away from where I am currently.

Barely. I get a call through and then the next one doesn't work. Probably just too many people using the network right now. No reported damge up here. I'm being held at work though :(

Yeah, i'm sure thats what it is but just didn't know if it was localized around here.

I am wondering if we'll feel the aftershocks all the way up here in Boston.

... assuming there will be some.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH CRAP!!! Hold the phone!!! Hold the phone!!! Boston.com is now reporting that the rumbling felt here in Boston was actually NOT related to the earthquake in Virginia and that what caused it was PTN slipping and falling down a flight of stairs at work.

Apparently there is no real damage in the city but the stairs are &%^$'in LEVELED

Holy crap... felt it here in Salisbury. We work in the tallest building here... 7 floors... Kinda scary, but cool at the same time... Our boss is out and we turned over all his chairs... hehe

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH CRAP!!! Hold the phone!!! Hold the phone!!! Boston.com is now reporting that the rumbling felt here in Boston was actually NOT related to the earthquake in Virginia and that what caused it was PTN slipping and falling down a flight of stairs at work.

Nah, PTN just dropped his "trophy" :p

ehhh... yeah... If I wasn't 31 effin flights up.... sure.. bring 'em on.

Maybe I need to "go for a coffee" (making the quotation marks in the air with my fingers) for a while.

I am on the top floor of the building but it is only 3 stories. I just kind of want to go over to the window and watch everything shake and everyone flip out again.

I am on the top floor of the building but it is only 3 stories. I just kind of want to go over to the window and watch everything shake and everyone flip out again.

Stay away from the windows! Go stand in a doorway! Remain Calm! ALL IS WELL!!!

Stay away from the windows! Go stand in a doorway! Remain Calm! ALL IS WELL!!!

hee hee

bacon.jpg

Back