My GF Brown ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I malted the grain and I can post the recipe, but I make my own homemade malts so it would'nt come out the same.

Yes I malted the grain and I can post the recipe, but I make my own homemade malts so it would'nt come out the same.

You could say the same about water, MLT geometry, etc. Never stops us from sharing results.

And what did it taste like? We have plenty of ways to gain head retention that require much less work than collecting, malting, and roasting grain.

the difference is I have less of an issue sharing my water, MLT geometry, and etc info. But I do not wish to tell how I roast/malt my grains :p

It tasted very caramel'ish the nice roasted buckwheat malt I made tasted a good bit like barley, the mouth feel is very clean and refreshing with a very slight carbonation bite. After a month you really start to get a nice hoppy bitterness that balances out the grain flavors very well.

the difference is I have less of an issue sharing my water, MLT geometry, and etc info. But I do not wish to tell how I roast/malt my grains :p

It tasted very caramel'ish the nice roasted buckwheat malt I made tasted a good bit like barley, the mouth feel is very clean and refreshing with a very slight carbonation bite. After a month you really start to get a nice hoppy bitterness that balances out the grain flavors very well.

If you don't want to share how you roast/malt your grains, why would you join this forum in the first place? This isn't about gloating, we're all trying to help one another and especially in this forum- we're all on the same team...I'm just saying.

This I agree with.

the difference is I have less of an issue sharing my water, MLT geometry, and etc info. But I do not wish to tell how I roast/malt my grains

This doesn't even agree with yourself.

If you don't want to share anything about how you made the beer, then all you are giving us is a picture of beer you created in a glass and telling us it is gluten free. It is fine if that is what you want to do, just don't expect us to be all that grateful.

On a side note, several professional brewers with proven recipes completely give away the entire recipe. I really don't think you have much to worry about when it comes to stealing if you are thinking about starting a commercial enterprise. You would have to change everything so much just to scale it up to commercial batch sizes that it would be an entirely new recipe and without your expertise on the original makings, it would basically be impossible for anyone else to copy you any faster than creating their own.

If you don't want to share how you roast/malt your grains, why would you join this forum in the first place? This isn't about gloating, we're all trying to help one another and especially in this forum- we're all on the same team...I'm just saying.

I am not trying to just "gloat" about it but right now that is all I can do as my recipe is great but without proper details on malting the grains and roasting the grains I make ( because I don't quite have my malting completely down, it`s either under modified or over) there is no point in sharing at this moment.

just basically I want to get everything down 100% then I will share a good bit and try to help the GF community...just takes time.

sorry for bragging lol

This I agree with.

This doesn't even agree with yourself.

If you don't want to share anything about how you made the beer, then all you are giving us is a picture of beer you created in a glass and telling us it is gluten free. It is fine if that is what you want to do, just don't expect us to be all that grateful.

On a side note, several professional brewers with proven recipes completely give away the entire recipe. I really don't think you have much to worry about when it comes to stealing if you are thinking about starting a commercial enterprise. You would have to change everything so much just to scale it up to commercial batch sizes that it would be an entirely new recipe and without your expertise on the original makings, it would basically be impossible for anyone else to copy you any faster than creating their own.

Well I wanted to open a brewery but that takes quite a bit of money ( of course everything does) but the red tape is EVERYWHERE. So I have now decided it may just be easier to sell my malts with included brewing instructions.

Back