Liquid Ball lock disconnect will not attach to corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tannnick

Reaction score
Has anyone had difficulties with the liquid disconnect not attaching to the corny? I cannot get it to snap tight. It will fit on other kegs but will not go on to a newly filled keg. I just disassembled for cleaning and put it back together. My other question is that the gas and the liquid posts are interchangeable, right? There are not any significant markings to differentiate. Thanks.

no, they are not interchangeable. also, if you have a lot of pressure inside the keg, you may have difficulty getting it on as well.

well, to follow up, i was so livid that i decided to release all the pressure and unscrew the posts and switch them, and it worked!! I don't know what would have happened. I assume they are interchangeable, so who knows, weird, but at least I have oatmeal stout for christmas dinner!

the gas post has a groove/notches around it, the liquid out one does not have these, there are a few threads on here detailing the differences if you need more detailed info on them

I will check that out next time when cleaning. Thanks for the quick reply's. Merry Christmas.

A common error. Next time you rebuild a keg, put a red/green o-ring on the gas plug.

I'm hoping I can re-open this thread and ask for help on a similar issue. I just did my first corney kegging and did the 'duh' mistake that is mentioned here: I put the gray ball lock disconnect on the beer post and didn't discover that until I tried to put the black disconnect on the other post, which was the shorter (gas) post. Now, I'm having a real bear of a time trying to get that gray disconnect off the taller beer out post. Any secrets to doing this?

Thanks

It will come off, but you have to use a lot of muscle and pull straight up on it. I thought I was going to break mine when I did that, but it came off.

On my ball lock kegs all the gas in posts are 12 point & have a small notch on each point, all the beverage out posts are 6 point.

Thanks everyone for your quick responses. I did finally get it off, using a long screwdriver under the collar of the quick release and pulling hard while levering it against the handle of the corney.

I learned two lessons from this: 1- pay attention to where you are attaching the gas quick release when kegging in corneys. 2- pay attention to EVERYTHING you do when kegging in corneys!

Back