Farkin' Chicago Bears - They Suck!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
For the life of me I can not understand why the hell they traded Kyle Orton (18) for Jay Cutler.

Can somebody tell me why the hell they did that?

Because Kyle Orton sucks, and Jay Cutler sucks less?

Well, last year the bears defense sucked more. I can't see trading Orton after making that amount of investment.

All I can think is that the Chicago Bear will do anything to lose, no matter the cost.

I think Orton played well right up until he got injured.

Mark my words, he will wind up kicking ass before too long and the bears will be thinking. WTF?? :confused:

I'm just glad that the 49ers didn't give up any picks for that crybaby. I mean, he's pretty good, but TWO first round picks AND a third? PLEASE!!! I feel bad for the Bears because they have somebody who has their beer goggles on and sees Peyton Manning when really all that is there is a glorified Jeff Garcia. Props to the Broncos for robbing Chicago blind. Orton with weapons will be as good or better than Cutler without.

Wow, its amazing how many naysayers are out there. If you were to watch tape of both players you will see that Cutler is better at every point of being a QB than Orton. I like Orton and would have been ok with him being our QB again this season, but this is the most important position on the field and these opportunities never come about. So as a Bears fan I completely stand by this trade and will enjoy watching the Bears dominate this division for some time.

The way I look at it, giving away two 1st round picks just makes it impossible for our GM to F up any more 1st round picks.

Herschel Walker 20 years later

TWO 1sts AND a 3rd?

Is Peter Angello a homebrewer who only brews and drinks high gravity beer or does he have a still?

I am breathing a sigh of relief, as I thought Dan Snyder was going to pummel the once proud Redskins with another horrible offseason pickup.

The Bears havent had a good QB in decades. Cutler is young and is light years better than Orton. He should be their QB for many years to come. They did pay highly for him, but he will certainly make them much better.

I must admit that I am a boilermaker and a bears fan. I've watched Orton from the time he came close to being a Heisman candidate. I like that he went to Chicago.

I can picture Lovie Smith regretting this trade the next time Chicago plays Denver.

Da Bears Gave up WAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! Too Much for Cutler. Two First rounders? Come on! If the guy had already won a superbowl maybe but during his campaign as a starter at Denver there a .500 team and his time at vanderbilt.....He won 11 games in 4 years. Im not doubting his talent because he is a gunslinger with a cannon for an arm but he was not worth two first rounders and a third plus Kyle Orton no way in hell!

Cutler is much, much better than Orton, and this would have been a great move for Chicago if they didn't suck so badly and thus really, really needed those draft picks.

Then again, maybe the Chicago GM is self-aware and realizes he would probably draft a bunch of stiffs anyway, rendering his draft picks useless. Might as well spend 'em. :mug:

Wow, its amazing how many naysayers are out there. If you were to watch tape of both players you will see that Cutler is better at every point of being a QB than Orton. I like Orton and would have been ok with him being our QB again this season, but this is the most important position on the field and these opportunities never come about. So as a Bears fan I completely stand by this trade and will enjoy watching the Bears dominate this division for some time.

I agree that Cutler is loads better than Orton. I don't, however, think he is 2 first round draft picks better (especially when he was essentially demanding a trade and could be had for much cheaper).

Unfortunately for the the Bears, Cutler isn't a "great" quarterback. Just a good one. They will not be dominating the North any time soon.

Cutler was one of the best QBs in the conference last year. How long's it been since Chicago could say they had a QB that's a legitimate Pro Bowl-caliber player? He's a whiny little *****, but he's better than anyone they've had since... oh, I don't know, he's better than McMahon ever was.

I mean, they paid a lot for the deal, but there isn't a more important position on the field. It's not like the Hershal Walker deal, it's a couple of #1 picks.

I know Orton's improved, but you really think he's the guy to get you to the promised land? Best-case is what, he's Trent Dilfer? Cutler's a proven commodity. I mean - 4,600 freakin' yards! I know they missed the playoffs, but Denver had all kinds of other problems; 4,600 freakin' yards!

They also stood no chance of landing a good QB in the draft, especially picking right after the J-E-T-S. I'm convinced that Sanchez is going to be a helluva QB, if they could have drafted him I would have done so - but he'll probably be gone in the top 10 now, and if there's anyone decent left at #17 New York'll be all over them.

Two First rounders? Come on! If the guy had already won a superbowl maybe

I agree that they paid highly, and maybe even overpaid, but this is an invalid argument. If you could have gotten John Elway or Dan Marino in their prime for two first rounders, would you turn it down because they had not won a Superbowl?

I agree that they paid highly, and maybe even overpaid, but this is an invalid argument. If you could have gotten John Elway or Dan Marino in their prime for two first rounders, would you turn it down because they had not won a Superbowl?

You really think Cutler even comes close to Marino or Elway??????? Thats just crazy.

Cutler put up some great numbers last year but I don't think he was worth what the Bears gave up. I see a little bit too much of a Bledso type QB in him. Put up big numbers in receptions, yards AND ints.

But ofcourse we will see, we will see.

Craig

Cutler put up some great numbers last year but I don't think he was worth what the Bears gave up. I see a little bit too much of a Bledso type QB in him. Put up big numbers in receptions, yards AND ints.

But ofcourse we will see, we will see.

Craig

Well, to be fair, Cutler can move slightly faster than the pace of a snail which we couldn't say about Bledsoe

Cutler is a good QB but I don't think he is going to be "Great" but time will tell. I have questions about his heart everytime I see him in a game he is moping around like lost puppy on the sidelines.

Crybaby Cutler is out of town, THANK YOU GOD!!!!!

Locker room poison is not good for any team. Glad he's gone. Orton will get a chance with a new coach, some better than average receivers and I hope he works out well. At least he has a good work ethic and knows how to be a team player.

Bears fans, wish you the best and hope that Cutler works out for you.

Personally, I'm just excited to go out and party with this guy

orton_dance.jpg

ko99999.jpg

orton2.jpg

kyle-orton-drinking-deadspin-com.bmp

I wish the Lions would have gotten him.

Orton sucks btw.

Lions don't need a QB. They need two lines.

Period.

"Everyone" (read MK Jr) says the Lions need to get Stafford to compete now in the conference. What total crap. Kid would get killed, just like every other QB the Lions have ruined.

They need two lines. Then look at finding that single player to make the difference. Wait for a QB until next year. Tebow, McCoy, or even LeFevour from CMU would be a better plan than getting a QB that gets killed every down.

Isnt that dude a Diabetic? Not sure how much all that whiskey effects the condition but it cant be good.

Cutler is the diabetic, that is Orton. (Although Cutler was a spokesman for McDonalds not too long ago)

All you that say Cutler isn't great could say the same for Elway when he was 3 years in. Heres his stats:
1983, 1,663 yds- 7 td- 14 ints
1984, 2,598 yds- 18 td- 15 ints
1985, 3,891 yds- 22 td- 23ints

Cutler
2006 1,001 yd- 9 td- 5 ints
2007 3,497 yd- 20 td- 14 ints
2008 4,526 yd- 25 td- 18 ints

And don't forget that Denver hasn't had a consistant running game in thoes past 3 years. Last year they went through 6 RB's. So all teams knew it was going to be passing to defend against and he still put up almost 4,600 yds. The complete opposite happened to the Bears. Everyone knew they were going to run Forte or do little dump passes and Forte still had an amazing ROOKIE year.
1,238 yds 8 rushing td 63 recep 477 yds recev 4 td

So you can all sit there and say the Bears got robbed, but if your a Bears fan you can't help but be excited to have a QB. MINIMUM 6 PEAT! DA BEARS!

Da Bears Gave up WAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! Too Much for Cutler. Two First rounders? Come on! If the guy had already won a superbowl maybe but during his campaign as a starter at Denver there a .500 team and his time at vanderbilt.....He won 11 games in 4 years. Im not doubting his talent because he is a gunslinger with a cannon for an arm but he was not worth two first rounders and a third plus Kyle Orton no way in hell!

The Bears now finally have a quality, franchise QB. Good for them.

They have terrible receivers. Cutler went to the Pro Bowl throwing to Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal. I don't recognize a single guy currently listed on the roster on their website at WR. Sure there's Hester, but what else? Greg Olsen? Desmond Clark? Cutler does not have the passing weapons in CHI that he had in DEN. Bad for the Bears.

I agree that they gave up way too much. When DEN stated that they wanted a minimum of two 1st round picks, I didn't think that they'd get it. Cutler will put up better numbers than Orton did, but I don't expect the bears to improve much overall.

Some bears fans will have you believe that Cutler is going to lead them to the Superbowl. He's not going to lead them anywhere without quality WR to throw to and where are they going to get those quality WR? It's certainly not going to be in the draft this year or next.

I'm thrilled that the Lions bowed out once they heard the asking price.

With Culter , you get the added benefits of Bus Cook.

Have fun with that.

Cook is also Calvin Johnson's agent and has not presented any issues at all in the Lions dealing with CJ. In fact, he got CJ's rookie deal done in time to get him in camp. Anytime you do that with the #2 overall pick that says something about the agent.

The Bears best receiver is probably who, Greg Olson? But, I'd rather find some wideouts on the scrap bin or in the draft then go through another year without a QB.

Any Bears fan who's hating this trade.... remember that sinking feeling twelve months ago when they decided the best way to address the QB spot was to bring back Orton and Grossman to compete for the job? Hell, I felt bad for you, and I still haven't forgiven the Bears for 1986!

You've got one of the better young QBs in the league; don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

The Bears now finally have a quality, franchise QB. Good for them.

They have terrible receivers. Cutler went to the Pro Bowl throwing to Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal. I don't recognize a single guy currently listed on the roster on their website at WR. Sure there's Hester, but what else? Greg Olsen? Desmond Clark? Cutler does not have the passing weapons in CHI that he had in DEN. Bad for the Bears.

First thing I thought was exactly this. Who does he throw to? *chuckle*

Just watch, Lions will pick up Stafford and in 4 years he won't even be in the NFL.

I'm thrilled that the Lions bowed out once they heard the asking price.

I am too I cant see any team justifying spending two First rounders and a the third. If the lions would of gave up the #20 and a 3rd or something it would be worth it. Next years draft is going to have a nice stock of QBS.

The interesting thing is that it sounded like the Lions DID offer the #1 overall pick, but Denver wanted nothing to do with it because of how much they would have to commit to sign the top pick (probably $30M in guaranteed money). Sounds like they are far from convinced that Stafford will be worth it in the end.

The interesting thing is that it sounded like the Lions DID offer the #1 overall pick, but Denver wanted nothing to do with it because of how much they would have to commit to sign the top pick (probably $30M in guaranteed money). Sounds like they are far from convinced that Stafford will be worth it in the end.

From what I have been able to see I would rather have sanchez, I have not got to see a whole lot but I like Sanchez's Arm strength and accuracy a lot.

Agree completely - but will the Lions have the cajones to take Sanchez #1? I don't think so, especially with several franchise-caliber players available at the tackle and linebacker spot. I really don't think I would take Stafford in that spot; I'd be going for Monroe or Curry.

Cutler was one of the best QBs in the conference last year. How long's it been since Chicago could say they had a QB that's a legitimate Pro Bowl-caliber player? He's a whiny little *****, but he's better than anyone they've had since... oh, I don't know, he's better than McMahon ever was.

Jimmy Mac was a damn good QB. He was simply too injury-prone and had to deal with Ditka trying to rein him in. He was also oneof the smartest QB's to play the game in a LONG time.
Three TD's in something like 90 seconds ? When he's not at 100% ?!? Who else could, or has, ever do that ?

The Bears best receiver is probably who, Greg Olson? But, I'd rather find some wideouts on the scrap bin or in the draft then go through another year without a QB.

One of the biggest problems with Hester not putting up bigger numbers so far was Orton's arm. Cutler's is a lot stronger, so IF they can find a workable rhythm, they could be very dangerous. Olson's got some decent speed, too, and great hands.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Agree completely - but will the Lions have the cajones to take Sanchez #1? I don't think so, especially with several franchise-caliber players available at the tackle and linebacker spot. I really don't think I would take Stafford in that spot; I'd be going for Monroe or Curry.

In a perfect world We'll get Curry at #1 and Sanchez at #20

Back