BrewPi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvp1

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this? It looks incredibly cool and would definitely be fun for someone who is technologically and mechanically minded and looking for a bit of a fun project.

http://brewpi.com/

I would love to build something like this. I have the ability to etch my own circuit boards too. One day...

This is why open source is great. Certainly kicks the crap out of my method (lcd thermometer and turning the fridge on and off as needed).

Any idea for total cost of a setup? I know a raspberry pi is $35 and an Arduino board is probably at least $50

You should be able to get an Arduino board for about $25, $35 sounds about right for a Pi (I know they were originally targeting the Pi at $25, but those prices never seem to hold). With the sensors and relays and all, I'd guess you're looking at around $100 - $125 for a complete system, less the heaters and fridge.

My nephew and I have been playing around with a couple of RaspberryPi. We're building a R/C-autonomous drone! They definitely could run a brewery of any size.

Back