• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(2) 1800W Induction cook tops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uberg33k

Reaction score
Basically, I've got two one Max Burton 6000 1800W Induction Plates

The story here is I was planning on using them in an ebrew setup. A friend of mine (an EE) was convinced he could help me rebuild the controller board with PID temperature control. He ended up flaking out on me and the project went no where. So, I'm stuck with two induction hot plates. If you'd like to have a look at the circuit schmatic, take a look here. Since I'm looking to switch kettles soon and the contenders are all non-inductive, these have to go in order to make some room.

These units are new. One has been taken out of the box and used once to verify it would work with my current kettle ... a test that lasted all of 5 minutes. The other one hasn't been opened at all. I'm looking to unload them for $50/per and that includes shipping in the lower 48. I'm also open to trades if you like.

5/31 Note : One unit sold. One to go. I'm working my way down the PM list of people who called dibs until we have another sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
fbold1, email sent.

watersr, I can post some pics tonight after I get home. Anything in particular you want a picture of? Both units are sitting in their original packaging, so that's a rather boring picture.

how long does it take to boil 5 gallons of water?

I only used it for 5 minutes, so it would be hard to say. I put roughly 1 gallon of water in the pot and it went from room temp to pretty darn hot.

I read that others with this unit were able to get 5 gallons up to boiling in 30-40 minutes. I do think performance is affected by the inductive ability of the pot you're using.

The bonus to using this over an electric element is you're only using 110V, there's nothing taking up room in the pot because you're heating the pot itself, and safety as the "element" stays relatively cool. You can have a pot boiling, take it off, and put your hand on the element without burning yourself.

I've edited the first post a bit for clarity on the model.

Just wanted to pop up to say I've been slammed at work today, so I haven't had a chance to respond to any emails/PMs I've been sent. I'll get back with everyone first thing tomorrow. Thanks for all the interest!

I understand the slammed at work thing, I'm there to.

If I don't get back to you right away it's just that I'm busy, I really do want one.

I only used it for 5 minutes, so it would be hard to say. I put roughly 1 gallon of water in the pot and it went from room temp to pretty darn hot.

I read that others with this unit were able to get 5 gallons up to boiling in 30-40 minutes. I do think performance is affected by the inductive ability of the pot you're using.

The bonus to using this over an electric element is you're only using 110V, there's nothing taking up room in the pot because you're heating the pot itself, and safety as the "element" stays relatively cool. You can have a pot boiling, take it off, and put your hand on the element without burning yourself.

I've edited the first post a bit for clarity on the model.

I would request that people please do NOT try touching the induction cooktop after boiling water. While it does not cook by creating heat on the cooktop itself (it heats the pot instead), the cooktop does indeed get hot. If a hot pot is on top of a surface, the surface in turn gets hot.

Source: While I don't brew induction, I do own an induction cooktop and use it to cook.

Ok, finally got a chance to catch up on sending PMs. Everyone who stated interest should have one. Thanks for looking!

Latest posts

Back