What commercial beers are in your 'fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have 1 TJ's bavarian hefeweizen in my fridge (it's a little more banana than i like). When i get home, I'm going to drink it, then throw some of my bavarian hefe in there.

HOPEFULLY it will be carbonated and I will have NO commercial beer in my fridge for some time. *crosses fingers*

Two Guinness, one Sprecher Hefe Weiss, three Samichlaus from three different years and some bottles Bud and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat that I'll never drink. Everything else is homebrew.

One of these arrived in my fridge last night:

madrugadaobscura-sm.gif

Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura, my first from this brewery.:rockin:

Not a single commercial brew in sight. My SWMBO likes my brew now so the last of the BMC has hit the road. With the kegerator in the kitchen pantry...makes it easier to not have beer in the garage fridge.

I do need to get to Lukas Liquor Superstore and pick up a few items like some Bass Ale since I'm brewing 10-gallons today (and have never tasted it).

I also want to do my first IPA soon so I need to experiment to decide if there's something I'd like to clone.

5-28-07036.jpg

Picked these up earlier today... The Arrogant Bastard... I love! The Hazed & Infused I'm drinking now (1st. time!) before firing up the BBQ, and it's pretty damn good! I've never had the La Fin Du Monde either. I think I'll drink that after dinner!

:mug:

BierMuncher said:
Not a single commercial brew in sight. My SWMBO likes my brew now so the last of the BMC has hit the road. With the kegerator in the kitchen pantry...makes it easier to not have beer in the garage fridge.

I do need to get to Lukas Liquor Superstore and pick up a few items like some Bass Ale since I'm brewing 10-gallons today (and have never tasted it).

I also want to do my first IPA soon so I need to experiment to decide if there's something I'd like to clone.

See if you can get the bass in a bottle, the canned version is truely woeful.

brewt00l said:
Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura, my first from this brewery.:rockin:

Follow up: I know this term gets thrown around quite a bit but wow, this was a unique brew; an oak aged belgian inspired sour stout. As the glass warmed all of the complex flavors of the roasted malts, flavors from oak aging, yeast and brett combined into something more akin to a wine than you would expect from beer.

delboy said:
See if you can get the bass in a bottle, the canned version is truely woeful.
Thanks Delboy. I did. The store carried both bottles and cans.

I'm glad I bought it. Very enjoyable. Also glad I did a 10-gallon clone this past weekend. I'll save at least one bottle for a side-side comparison.

davidr2340 said:
5-28-07036.jpg

Picked these up earlier today... The Arrogant Bastard... I love! The Hazed & Infused I'm drinking now (1st. time!) before firing up the BBQ, and it's pretty damn good! I've never had the La Fin Du Monde either. I think I'll drink that after dinner!

:mug:

I'll forever sing the praises of La Fin Du Monde. Great stuff. The pickin's in my fridge are pretty sparse:

Kalik (2)
Redhook Long Hammer IPA (1)
Strongbow (4)
Bud Light (about a dozen...why do people leave this crap at my house? I didn't buy it and don't know where it came from.)

Grolsch Blonde Lager (7)
Bodington's Pub Ale (2)
Warsteiner (6)
Widmer Brothers "Hefeweizen" (4)
Moosehead (1)

Tried New Belgium's 1554 earlier. I'll pawn the other 5 bottles off on people I don't like. More info here.

Drinking Odell's 90/- at the moment. It's not too bad, though at 5.3% ABV it's probably more of an 80/-. My thoughts (Beer Advocate style):

Appearance: Wonderful clear, copper color. Thin head, some lacing.

Smell: Pleasant and sweet. Some spiciness - allspice/clove? Distinct yeast note.

Taste: Smooth and malty. Sweet up front, a touch of hop bitterness at the finish.

Mouthfeel: A touch heavy, but not thick. Appropriate.

Drinkability: I could almost call it a session beer, but it's a tad "big" on the palate and in the gut for that. Would pair well with a good steak and potatoes dinner.

Anybody have any other experience with Odell's brews? I haven't heard much about them, but I've seen their beer for sale quite often lately.

I've only ever had the O'Dells 5 Barrel Pale Ale, but thoroughly enjoy it. I'd have to say its one of my favorites; pretty intense hop aroma/flavor for a normal PA (due probably to hop-back), but I think its perfect.
Others must think its a good beer too:
We treat 5 Barrel Pale Ale to an infusion of fresh whole hop flowers in the Hop Back and the Fermentor, as well as four hop additions during the kettle boil. We like how this gives the beer a fresh, lively flavor and aroma.
5.2% Alcohol By Volume 36 IBUs

Winner:
Gold, Classic English-Style Pale Ale, 2006 Great American Beer Festival
Silver, Classic English-Style Pale Ale, 2005 Great American Beer Festival

Lost Coast Downtown Brown
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
JW Dundees Honey Brown
Blue Moon
Sam Adams Variety Pack
(Sam Adams Black Lager
Sam Adams Honey Porter
Sam Adams Brown Ale)
Full Sail LTD
New Belgium Fat Tire
New Belgium Springboard
Squatters Variety Pack *Not too impressed with this one*
(Provo Girl
Polygamy Porter
1st ammendment Ale
Full Suspension)
Coors
Buttmonkey
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Pumpkin Spice Ale
Newcastle Brown Ale
Guiness Extra Stout

and for the wife...

Twisted Peach Tea
Wittekerke Rose (or Rosi...can't tell what it says on the can)

:tank:

talleymonster said:
Lost Coast Downtown Brown
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
JW Dundees Honey Brown
Blue Moon
Sam Adams Variety Pack
(Sam Adams Black Lager
Sam Adams Honey Porter
Sam Adams Brown Ale)
Full Sail LTD
New Belgium Fat Tire
New Belgium Springboard
Squatters Variety Pack *Not too impressed with this one*
(Provo Girl
Polygamy Porter
1st ammendment Ale
Full Suspension)
Coors
Buttmonkey
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Pumpkin Spice Ale
Newcastle Brown Ale
Guiness Extra Stout

and for the wife...

Twisted Peach Tea
Wittekerke Rose (or Rosi...can't tell what it says on the can)

:tank:

That must be a helluva fridge, talley... :mug:

After my most recent bottle shop run, I had:
Southern Tier UnEarthly IIPA
Stone Double Bastard (2006)
Clipper City Loose Cannon
Lagunitas Lucky 13
Avery Maharaja IIPA
Great Divide Hercules DIPA

They're all gone, now :(

Wachusett Summer
Wachusett Blueberry (SWMBO loves it)
Sam Adams Black Lager

Running low, need to stock up!

Bike N Brew said:
That must be a helluva fridge, talley... :mug:

I have a fridge in the garage that I got for free off Craigslist. I only use it to thaw BBQ meat, and to keep liquid sustenance. The whole top shelf and half of the middle shelf are dedicated to beer right now. I'll admit that right now I have a little more than normal. See, SWMBO just had a baby, and I was denied my right to drink for the entire pregnancy, with the exception of the company x-mas party. So like 2 days after my daughter was born, I went to Lees Discount Liquor - The liquor store to shop at if you live in Las Vegas. I think by the time I waled out the door, I had spent almost 100$! And they always have a bunch of beers on sale every week. And you get a discount when you pay cash!

I've actually got my eyey on Criagslist right now to see if I can't score another freebie...maybe a chest freezer this time!:p

Found it today, another Sam Adam's brew I haven't tried yet.

Low to moderate malt flavors, with a suprising amount of sweetness. Lightly hopped. Not a bad beer overall, but maybe just a bit watery. Could have used a little heavier malt flavor

I have some Copper Hook, a couple of Buzz Saw brown ales, a couple of pyramid hefes left, maybe a Hops Devil hiding in the back somwhere.

i just finished a six pack of Mactarnahan's Oregon Honey Beer.

it's not bad...well balanced brew...only a touch of honey taste.

i drank all of them straight out of the bottle...probably pick up another pack sometime to try in teh glass, get a better idea of teh brew

NationalBohemianCoaster.gif

Both of these:
dogfish1.JPG

And some misc dogfish head......I've been on the Natty BOH kick (for awesome local cheap beer) and Dogfish Head (sorta local) craft beers

I spent $20 on a DFH assorted 6-pack last night....so good

Haven't posted here in a while, here we go:
Mine
2 sweetwater 420
1 DFH 90min
1 Pete's Strawberry blonde
1 ABC hefeweizen

SWMBOs:
Boodingtons
Blue Moon Summer

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (Have yet to try the celebration)
JW Dundees Honey Brown
Orange Cream Ale
Coors (for BMC friends)
Coors Light cans (for beer can chicken)
Full Sail LTD
New Belgium Fat Tire
New Belgium Springboard

Bacardi Raw Peach Tea (for SWMBO)

What is a Bomber? Is it a 22oz bottle?

talleymonster said:
What is a Bomber? Is it a 22oz bottle?

Yes.

My list:
Bell's Oberon Ale
Fraoch Heather Ale
Guinness Draught
Trinity Red Ale
Trader Joe's Bavarian Style Hefeweizen

ACK!!!!!!

Someone left a Moosehead at my house...

I just cracked it for fun, now I need a tomato juice bath....

Who let the damn skunk loose in my house??????

:drunk:

Ize

Ize said:
ACK!!!!!!

Someone left a Moosehead at my house...

I just cracked it for fun, now I need a tomato juice bath....

Who let the damn skunk loose in my house??????

:drunk:

Ize

Lol.

Well I just picked up a case of Two Hearted Ale recently. Damn fine IPA imo.

Got some Sprecher stuff, Weyerbacher and New Glarus recently.

Current list is:
SNPA
Blue Moon Honey
St. Arnold Pils
St. Arnold Texas Wheat
St. Arnold Lawnmower
Anchor Steam
5 DFH 90's that I need to pour down the drain (can't stand em and can't get any buddies to drink em for me)
Miller light for the friends with no taste buds

In my fridge right now I have 1 case Miller Genuine Draft, 2 Cases of Natural Ice, 1 case of Natural Light, bunch of cans of Budweiser, couple bottles of Heineken and a 12 pack of Busch Light.

Mutilated1 said:
In my fridge right now I have 1 case Miller Genuine Draft, 2 Cases of Natural Ice, 1 case of Natural Light, bunch of cans of Budweiser, couple bottles of Heineken and a 12 pack of Busch Light.

And you are freely admitting this here:confused:

Went shopping yesterday.

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout
Rodenbach Grand Cru
Jolly Pumpkin Luciernaga "The Firefly"
Ebulum Elderberry Black Ale
Unibroue Éphémère
Bell's Cherry Stout

Yards Philly Pale Ale
DFH Raison D'etre
DFH Festina Peche
Saranac Summer Ale

EDIT - just added Sly Fox Royal Weiss

After my belated birthday trip to World Market last night, plus a trip to Costco I have the following in the fridge or available.

A bottle of Lindemans Framboise Lambic (I had to try a Lambic)
Rogue Chocolate Stout
and my expensive beer a bottle of Rogue Old Crustacean Barleywine, I'm waiting for my Sam Adam's glasses for this one.

Also have some Bridgeport IPA and a Sam Adam's variety pack with some Boston Lager, Light, Summer Ale, Pale Ale, Hefe and Cherry Wheat.

Back