Probably a dumb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pantherbrew

Reaction score
I just finished kegging my 2nd batch. It has been in the keg for almost 2 weeks.I pumped in C02 for 30 sec. then released the pop off valve. I did this 3 times to make sure to remove all air. Then I added C02 and shook the s@it out of the Corney,rolled them around and added more C02. Put the Corny in chest freezer set Ranco on 34 all seems well. I drank some last 2 nights. For some dumb reason last night I decided to check gravity found Alcohol to be around 3%. This was a extract kit so i was expecting something a little higher. Starting Gravity as right what the direction said. Is it normal to go down a little after kegging?

I'm guessing you didn't adjust for temp. I'm also not sure if carb will change the gravity reading, but It seems like it would

If you let it sit in the hydrotube for a day, it should go flat and then you would get a better reading. Pour it into a saucer afterwards and put it in your garden to kill snails and slugs.

Back