Source/Idea for thermometer probe / fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShake

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got another thread open where I'll be documenting my eHERMS build, but I've got a purchase/idea question.

My next purchase is going to be 2 temp probes and the hardware to attach them to my BK and HLT.

Current source for these would be brewershardware.com

2 x 6" probe
2 x SS Compression fitting

The price isn't bad, but I'm also not worried about going all SS at the moment. Anyone have a source for probes and or fittings for a better price?

Well we all know Brewer's Hardware is hands down the best place in the World to get stainless brewery fittings and parts.... (LOL!)

If you're not looking for SS, the smaller hardware store chains like ACE, True Value and OSH usually have a small selection of brass tubing and rod as well as brass compression fittings. Hobby shops will also have the brass tube and rod but obviously not the other fittings. The brass is easily soldered with a tourch and lead-free plummers solder.

I have every intention of getting the probes from Derrin.... I'm just balking at the 13 dollar fittings.... good price for stainless... bad price for my wallet at post-christmas lows

Decided not to mess with it... ordered from derrin

Back