Ummm oops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zocken

Reaction score
went out and got a glass secondary today, everything is going fine, finally get it all sanitized and siphoned in put the stopper in, put the airlock in...and proceed to push the stopper into the carboy.....so I am now siphoning back into the primary (after sanitizing it) any tips on getting a stopper out of the bottom of a carboy?

When I did this . . . :eek: , I tipped the carboy so that the stopper fell to the opening. I then used a screwdriver to wedge it securely against the side of the carboy while I proceeded to cut it apart with a sharp knife. Then, I was able to extract the bits easily.

Good luck.

glad to know I am not alone in this but thank you for the insperation, I happened to have some small angled picks and was able to get it out in one piece :ban:

The stoppers I have, have a lip on them at the top that is clearly larger than the secondary carboy opening; not sure how I would ever push them in?

Are the stoppers you fellas are using these stoppers with a "lip" or are they just plain old stoppers; in which case I can see pushing them in easily if they are wet at all from sanitizing, etc.

Back