Score! What do I do with them?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerKellers

Reaction score
So, my step dad calls me the other day to tell me that someone in his industrial park left these by the dumpster. He thought I might have a use for them, and grabbed them up. I got these home today, and I have to say they are bigger then the pictures really show.. and they are really damn heavy. No idea what they were used for originally. They have a few dings, dents, and are not super clean...

The real question is, what do I do with them? My first thought was to store all of my gear, but this is a lot of stainless steel sitting here and I figure I might get some good ideas from all of you guys!

The "caged" portion of these are actually on ball bearing rollers and are removable

Picture_0087.jpg

Same piece, opened up

Picture_0095.jpg

Same piece, different angle

Picture_0108.jpg

Second piece

Picture_0066.jpg

Second piece opened up

Picture_0078.jpg

These are the pictures in his shop, and I have not had a chance to really look at these further.

I would take the cages off each of course. The first would make a killer workbench for whatever.

The second, I would turn into a HERMs stand. Hide all the plumbing and propane tank in the cabinet as well as put any electronics and pumps. Would be a very nice setup to build off.

Do you do any animal testing at home by chance? Because if you do - Score!

(For that matter, do they do animal testing at your Dad's "Industrial Park"?)

I agree with God of Cheese. Take a look at The Pol's Herms setup on a stand in about those same dimensions, and you can store all the junk behind the cabinet doors. The other cart could be used to store all of your other brewing stuff. I always need somewhere to set stuff when brewing, have a place for my notes, beer, additions, scale, etc. plus tools.
Great find!

or cut it up and scrap it. That amount of stainless can get you alot of ingredients equipment etc...

Does that 5th pic have a dead cat in it?

Haha! I thought that too when I first looked at it! Luckily, its just some garbage =)

Those are some good ideas, I am building my keggles currently and the next step is my brew stand. I do like the idea of making one of them into a HERMS setup. I will need to do some more reading to fully understand that =)

Back