Brew stand question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdesch75

Reaction score
Quick question. I'm looking at alot of setups using weld less parts from Mcmaster-Carr. I've been reading alot about the dangers of heating zinc plated steel with regards to fumes. What do you do to get around this? Did you have to run it a few times to burn the zinc off? Or did you use a different material?

Ok cool. I was considering using slotted stainless for the top of the rig. Think that would help get around it?

I was actually looking at that build earlier!! How was it to put together. I'm a total noob with using those kinds of connectors.

You can get stainless strut for some $$. Othewise, it's nuts and bolts, strut and whatever stock fittings you need. Cut the pieces with a chop saw or hack saw if necessary. Then bolt it all together with 1/2-in hardware and you can park your car on it. There are plenty of good links for parts in that thread. Good luck:mug:

Probably going to be the way i go. I can get everything for the stand plus all electrical components from work so its a no brainer for me. Just need time to put it all together.

Back