Can 3 days make a difference?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damian13

Reaction score
So I a m going to my hometown this weekend and I really wanted to share my beer (bavarian hefe) which is currently bottle conditioning. I tried it after tried it after 5 days conditioning knowing that it might still be flat but noticed that that wasn't the case. I noticed that although the beer has really good carbonation, it is still a bit sweet and probably could stand a bit more carbonation. It will be 3 days tomorrow since that happened, so it has been 8 days of conditioning now. Can I expect that the extra 3 days conditioning had any type of significant impact on my beer or will it still taste pretty much the same?

Damian13 said:
So I a m going to my hometown this weekend and I really wanted to share my beer (bavarian hefe) which is currently bottle conditioning. I tried it after tried it after 5 days conditioning knowing that it might still be flat but noticed that that wasn't the case. I noticed that although the beer has really good carbonation, it is still a bit sweet and probably could stand a bit more carbonation. It will be 3 days tomorrow since that happened, so it has been 8 days of conditioning now. Can I expect that the extra 3 days conditioning had any type of significant impact on my beer or will it still taste pretty much the same?

+1 on the young part. Just share it and if need be beg forgiveness for a sweet beer.

It is likely that it has carbonated more... More carbonation means that the sweetness will be less perceivable. I would stick them in the fridge to help the beer to absorb the Co2 to this end. I think it will be ok.

Yeah.barely ok. 8 days is pushing it. I had a couple batches fully carbed in 10 & 11 days,but they were def better at 3-4 weeks. If you aren't leaving till morning,then get some in the fridge today sometime.

Back