Georgia roll call

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, you look on as a heard of underlings puts the aforementioned soap into drums, but I'm splitting hairs.

argoodin said:
Americus here...we have an active club and a couple of our members have opened an LHBS with great grain prices.

Cool a shop closer than atl. I'm in warner robins what's the name of the brew shop in Americus?

Looks like they have a lot of work to do on their site... unless they intend for people to have to log in to even browse their products or find out where they are.

From their release to the club earlier this week....

Hello everyone! As most of you already know, we've been working hard on our online shopping cart and I'm happy to say that we're read for our 'soft launch' for the local AHA members!

Initially, the online shopping cart will be focused on the local home brew community. This means all orders will only have the option for in-store payment and pickup. In the future, as our store shapes up and our inventory and fulfillment capabilities grow, we'll look at expanding and taking the next step by offering online payment and shipping. While these next steps will be sure to broaden our customer base, it always be our first and foremost priority to service the local Americus home & craft brew community.

In order to get started with using the online catalog, you'll need to visit the link provided and register. We're not a fan of those 'register now or nothing' sites, but we'll need to do this initially to ensure we're only accepting and fulfilling orders for the local area. We want to make sure we're don't inadvertently accept an order we're unable to fulfill and ruin someone's brew day.

As with most soft launches, there are bound to be a few bugs we'll need to work through before all of the kinks are worked out (thanks for being our guinea pigs!). The site is constantly being updated and we will be doing our best to make updates and changes during off-hours to minimize the impact this may have to your browsing and shopping experience. However, at times you may experience issues such as frequent or inconsistent product updates, descriptions unavailable or changing/updated irregularly or the site being off-line. We apologies for this inconvenience ahead of time and will do our best to work through these issues as quickly as possible. If at any time you encounter an issue with the site and need immediate assistance, please feel free to reach out to Chris or I directly. Most of you already have our personal cell numbers, so feel free to give us a call. Additionally, feel free to send us an email at [email protected] and we'll get back with you as soon as possible.

We're really excited about the launch of our online catalog and we're looking forward to being able to provide everyone with a more consistent shopping experience. Once you've had a chance to brows the site, feel free to let us know what you think by using the 'contact us' feature in the website, sending an email to [email protected] or posting here on Facebook.

We're constantly updating our catalog so be sure to check the site frequently. If something is out of stock or you don't see what you're looking for, give us a shout and let us know.

Yankee transplant to Sharpsburg, just outside Newnan and Peachtree City. Work out of LaGrange.

Lawrenceville arriving late to the party. FYI New London Brew Club is hosting the "brewers" of Monks Mead (http://monksmead.com/) this Sunday 7/1/2012 at
Summits Wayside Tavern.
3334 Stone Mountain Hwy
Snellville, GA 30078
6:00pm - 10PM

Feel free to bring mead samples if you got em. We are are an active club with a good mix of AG and extract brewers. All brewing skill levels are welcome (even if you are thinking about starting). We also organize bulk grain buys twice a year for those of you who posted previously.

Oh and I put the miles on my 2004 HD lowrider.

Brady
http://newlondonbrewclub.com/

Southeast Atlanta here working in Alpharetta (that commute). Recently switched to all grain and fermenting in corny kegs in a temp controlled fridge.

99 outside right now, how bout that weather?

Warner Robins/(Bonaire) here

Douglasville, just starting to get into brewing.
Yes I do ride, looking to get an BMW K1200LT sometime this fall...

Frank

I am in Canton too. Good to hear there are others in the area. I have been brewing for about 3 years and just started all grain on my last batch. I would love to meet up with others in the area. I travel with my job and am usually out of town Monday through Thursday.

Rob

There is a posting on Craigslist where some guy in Canton is selling everything but won't part it out. $3000 for a "complete" all grain system. Anyone who knows what to do with an all grain system already has most of that stuff and doesn't need buckets, carboys, capper, etc. Us GA brewers need to get together and see if we can get this stuff. He has quite a few kegs, but won't break this stuff up. I want those kegs, co2, regulators.

There is a posting on Craigslist where some guy in Canton is selling everything but won't part it out. $3000 for a "complete" all grain system. Anyone who knows what to do with an all grain system already has most of that stuff and doesn't need buckets, carboys, capper, etc. Us GA brewers need to get together and see if we can get this stuff. He has quite a few kegs, but won't break this stuff up. I want those kegs, co2, regulators.

Already tried to talk to the guy. Has no interest in really getting rid of it I think, but who knows.

Oh, and newish brewer here, Newnan/PTC area.

I was out of homebrewing for a long time and more financially responsible when I came back. I never even considered bottling this time. Got 5 cornies now and expect to have 4 beers on in about 3 weeks. Need more shanks!

Yeah, I have 2 kegs now, but figure I could get more to cycle beers out. When I share beers, it's with other craft beer drinkers at work, so I just bring them growlers and swap them out with them. Helps keep the beer flowing!

^^^
I see someone else from Newnan. I think Ive only seen two other since the whole time Ive been on the board. I'm in Sharpsburg.

^^^
I see someone else from Newnan. I think Ive only seen two other since the whole time Ive been on the board. I'm in Sharpsburg.

Yeah, I'm in Newnan. I buy all my stuff over at Just Brew It, in Fayetteville. The guy, Doug, is a really nice guy. Great place to buy from, I just never have time to chat with him and wonder around in the store, he's really helpful. Good prices too, and super fresh ingredients.

Are you in a brew club? I hear there's a club over around here, with members from Sharpsburg/Senoia, to Newnan. I've never been big on club stuff, but might be fun to try and see if there is room to join. I'm a newish brewer, so I think it would be fun to learn.

Yeah, I'm in Newnan. I buy all my stuff over at Just Brew It, in Fayetteville. The guy, Doug, is a really nice guy. Great place to buy from, I just never have time to chat with him and wonder around in the store, he's really helpful. Good prices too, and super fresh ingredients.

Are you in a brew club? I hear there's a club over around here, with members from Sharpsburg/Senoia, to Newnan. I've never been big on club stuff, but might be fun to try and see if there is room to join. I'm a newish brewer, so I think it would be fun to learn.

No clue about the club, but Doug is really helpful. Ive gone there for just some bottles and been there talking to him for a few hours. He has some really good recipes too. If you get a chance, you should try and brew his Colorado Light and Tasty. Also his Bottle of Jack is hands down one of the best pumpkin ales.

I'm pretty partial to the IPA recipe he has in there, a mini mash I think.

Says it's a great base to just toss in whatever kinda hops you want to experiment with.. I've got one with all Simcoe that is.. really, really good.

I might give the Pumpkin ale a shot too, about that time of year soon!

Right on are there any brew things going on in are area?

Not that I know about, I'm just getting back into brewing myself after a few years. I'm building a three keggle electric setup right now from kals electricbrewery design, should be ready for the first batch in another week or so.

I've been talking to a few guys about maybe getting a club going one day, thats what finally got me started on the new build, but I don't know of anything around already.

JustinTman said:
Not that I know about, I'm just getting back into brewing myself after a few years. I'm building a three keggle electric setup right now from kals electricbrewery design, should be ready for the first batch in another week or so.

I've been talking to a few guys about maybe getting a club going one day, thats what finally got me started on the new build, but I don't know of anything around already.

Well let me know bro I would def be down. I am not the best with electricity but I can do most everything else and it would awesome to hang with some guys that understand what I'm talking about Chopps

Barley and Vine checking in from Stockbridge, Georgia. We are here for all of your brewing supplies. We love to talk and help with any brewing questions you may have. Come check us out!:mug:

Store Front.jpg

New brewer from West ATL (Dallas, GA).

I have done one extract (a Belgian Wit) that turned out pretty good. At least everyone that drank it liked it. I have also done a couple batches of cider. The 1 gallon dry batch was good for me, but no one else liked it (too dry). The second batch was a big hit at a recent housewarming party. I am doing another 3 gallon batch of that one.

I also have a Founders Breakfast Stout (extract) clone and a Fat Tire (all-grain) clone going right now. The FBS is in the secondary and the FT is in the primary.

Anyway, I would love to meet up with some fellow brewers and swap some beers.

You wish to share your cider recipe. I havent had good luck with them, and my wife loves commercial style cider.

SteelRinger said:
New brewer from West ATL (Dallas, GA).

I have done one extract (a Belgian Wit) that turned out pretty good. At least everyone that drank it liked it. I have also done a couple batches of cider. The 1 gallon dry batch was good for me, but no one else liked it (too dry). The second batch was a big hit at a recent housewarming party. I am doing another 3 gallon batch of that one.

I also have a Founders Breakfast Stout (extract) clone and a Fat Tire (all-grain) clone going right now. The FBS is in the secondary and the FT is in the primary.

Anyway, I would love to meet up with some fellow brewers and swap some beers.

I find that people that don't like it dry enjoy it cut with a little 7up or sprite chopps

Back