norhtern brewer ak47 - not happy with the taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olive Drab

Reaction score
I made this kit a few weeks ago. I just tried a sample last night and I was not happy with the taste. It was watery and tasted like miller lite. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can save it? Can I dry hop at this point to give it some flavor?

I think dry hopping would be a good idea. It might not have aged enough yet so the taste will change but if it's watery now then it's not going to get any bolder tasting. Don't put to much hops in unless you want it to turn out more like a ipa. I'm still a beginner to home brewing with only 5 batches under my belt but I have learned a lot. Some more seasoned brewers might have some advise but they will need more info. List your recipe with gravity readings and base procedures. How old is the beer / what stage is it in? Like 2 weeks into primary? 2weeks in primary and now 1 week in a secondary ? this info will be important in help.

Never tried it that kit, but it sounds like it needs to age a little. The watery part will go away. Sounds like a batch that you need to let your friends finish off.

Never tried it that kit, but it sounds like it needs to age a little. The watery part will go away. Sounds like a batch that you need to let your friends finish off.

I've never had a beer get less watery as it aged, just less crappy.

Back