Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DangerDanJD said:
Here is my first attempt. The design and then on the bottle. I used a pretty basic laser printer and the milk method.

Love the archer pic. Wish if said "danger zone", haha.

A less profesional, production type label than there seem to many many amazing examples of here, but this is mine design and applied.

Would appreciate comments :)

hammerstrike.png
photo.jpg

Sweet!
I was working on an Archer inspired label, too, but really only used the font on the opening titles.
Thinking of making it a bourbon porter or something.

rect5572.png

This is a real quick one. My batch of JAOM has been done for a while and I never came up with an idea I liked for the label, so I just threw this together. I'm not actually labeling the mead, anyway, but I need my sticker board to be complete. I have a piece of plexiglass that I put a label on from every batch and I plan to make a poster from CafePress or some other website when I have enough, so even the stuff I don't actually label bottles of gets labels designed.
BeerLabelAOM.jpg

jlb307 said:
Sweet!
I was working on an Archer inspired label, too, but really only used the font on the opening titles.
Thinking of making it a bourbon porter or something.

If I still bottled I'd have to make one too. Think my next hoppy beer is gonna be named "Terms of Enrampagement".

This is for an agave lime wheat I'm making for a friend's 10th anniversary. Label is a labelizer template with some photoshop manipulation.

Aniversario.jpg

Just bottled the double IPA I brewed for my Dad's birthday/Father's Day. It finished drier than I expected and is thus a bit more potent than I planned, but the sample tasted great.
BeerLabelBitterOldManIPA.jpg

Here is a photo of my Dad:
24592_537962552292_72103567_31475254_7182790_n.jpg

Here is my new logo that I came up with:

logo_blueSm.png

No labels yet using this, but I do have a raspberry wheat ready to bottle, so I imagine I'll have some made up shortly.

Haven't come across a template yet. I just did 3" by 4", which is the size of Sierra Nevada labels, and went from there. It fits pretty well on most bottles I think.

Haven't come across a template yet. I just did 3" by 4", which is the size of Sierra Nevada labels, and went from there. It fits pretty well on most bottles I think.

ah okay, good call. Thanks for the info..

before i get down and dirty in photoshop... here is my labely.com attempt for my american pale wheat ale. actually, i don't think i could do any better in PS myself, heh.

1339184358rfw84y31cy.png

before i get down and dirty in photoshop... here is my labely.com attempt for my american pale wheat ale. actually, i don't think i could do any better in PS myself, heh.

1339184358rfw84y31cy.png

Love it...can't go wrong with William Blake image. Bold and powerful!

1339184358rfw84y31cy.png

I love the whole label and how everything is incorporated and the colors. However, I would try and use some filters, especially on the body. Currently the guy looks very pixelated. Possibly try finding a bigger image for the artwork and the resize down to save the pixels. Or you can try a variety of filters. But seriously I think this is a great looking label.

Not really a label, but Josh over at BrewBrand Creative put this awesome logo together for my homebrewing escapades...Check it out!

389_hi-res.jpg

Hopefully this won't be something that needs to be 'censored'.

The one on the right is the original art that I used, and the left is the label for my Cherry Stout. I manipulated the image in order to make the body 'stout' to match my 'Stout Chick Brewing' moniker. Used an online label-maker, and they arrived quick!

We taste-tested the Stout last night, it came out well. One of the guys who tried it said I can't go wrong by putting 'brewbies' on the label (he was a little inebriated and I thought it was pretty clever). He asked if I'll brew him a porter, and in his honor I will paint a male torso with some chest hair on it to make the label and name it 'Chris's Brewbies'. :D

Beerlabel1.jpg

Beerlabelpic.jpg

Bravo and CTZ hopped Rye IIPA.

I put Oaked, but I don't know that much of the oak comes through (2-3 weeks on 1 oz chips soaked in scotch for 1-2 weeks). I just threw the chips in, so maybe they sunk into the trub.

Here's the label I put together for today's party... only labelling six (bottled 12 - some might go to comp).

BZ_RyIIPA.jpg

Dawnhulio said:
Hopefully this won't be something that needs to be 'censored'.

The one on the right is the original art that I used, and the left is the label for my Cherry Stout. I manipulated the image in order to make the body 'stout' to match my 'Stout Chick Brewing' moniker. Used an online label-maker, and they arrived quick!

We taste-tested the Stout last night, it came out well. One of the guys who tried it said I can't go wrong by putting 'brewbies' on the label (he was a little inebriated and I thought it was pretty clever). He asked if I'll brew him a porter, and in his honor I will paint a male torso with some chest hair on it to make the label and name it 'Chris's Brewbies'. :D

Hilarious! I like the statement in the black band. Too funny! Cheers from north of the river!

Hilarious! I like the statement in the black band. Too funny! Cheers from north of the river!

Thanks and :mug: as well!!! Isn't there a rule in marketing - 'truth in advertising?' Well, it's true. It's a Cherry Stout, jacka$$. :D Funny thing is, almost nobody catches it. I've had to point it out several times, only to see the smile cross someone's face and their laughter ... hmmmm...

Perhaps you should read the label, right? :rockin:

Recently bottled blonde ale named for Bear Wallow Pond, a fishing hole near my parents cabin:
BeerLabelBearWallowBlonde.jpg

Decided to give twelve of that along with twelve of the double IPA I posted before for Father's Day, rather than a full case of double IPA. Here are the twelve packs (boxes from work, a bit bigger than necessary, but they work) along with bottles:
542511_683785232472_620161338_n.jpg

600945_683785047842_2007268943_n.jpg

Here is my newest one, blatently stealing TaylorInOK's tax stamp format. I'm limited to a black & white laser, hence the b&w image, but printed on patterned (antique) paper makes it look pretty smart. I don't know if it'll work on the low-res image, bit the QR code contains the recipe for 23L. To add to bottle, the brewery logo is centered on the cap; the front and back will then take on the proper orientation.

I'm note bottling until sunday, so I'm hoping the FG holds true (its been stable 2 days); otherwise I need to re-do the labels.

parallax%2520pale%2520ale.png

Bryan

EDIT: added advantage of this format is you can get 14 labels per sheet

Back