Pliny in Reading/Philly area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukes7779

Reaction score
Anyone have any knowledge where to find PTE in Reading or Philly areas?

Please and thank you.

I have had it on tap a couple of times at Monk's in Philly.....yum

They don't always have it and the keg finishes up prety quickly when they do have it.

tell me about it nefarious im dying to try this brew i might have to take a trip to philly...i;d be more willing to trade though...anyone? pm me

I dindnt think they distributed anywhere. My mom was in California on my B-day a few days ago, i said i wanted a pliny and a blind pig.Hope i get it.

There was a post on here either last week or the week before stating that a place in Douglasville had gotten two kegs. However, two kegs around these parts last about a weekend. If you keep your eye open for beer events at the local beer bars (Union Jacks in Boyertown, Craft ale house in Royersford, possibly the new Liberty Taproom in Exeter eventually), they tend to get a keg of it and tap it for the day of the event. However, last time I was at Union Jacks they were having a hop festival the following day. they had two kegs of Pliney for the event which started at, I believe, 10am. The people working there told us if we wanted to taste it, be there by 7am to get in line as both kegs would probably be kicked by noon. Not sure if it happened, couldn't get back down. I am on the quest to find it as well (obviously!) even though I have been told by MANY that there are better IPA's out there that are easier to get (Blind Pig). good luck on your quest and if you find it, shoot me a PM!
tom

Im pretty shure but could be wrong but this brewery will be given the oppurtunity to distribute throughout the U.S. that is if they like money. Only a matter of time.With all the anticipation im shure once i get it i will be like uhh thats it..? well maybe not but for a beer it shure leaves a mystery and anticipation behind it. As for now i just tried probably the best 10.46% abv beer from Avery-Maharaja.Seriously if it can topp that off im in crap my pantsville.I liked this way more than hopslam or hopsolution or hoptimium maybe its the abv's talking but how can it not? It was only 6.99 and i paid 15 bucks for a mediocre SN belgian/others.Im about to spend another 21 bucks on a moderatly priced gem.

The Iron Abby on 611 in Horsham is doing a Russian River Brewery beer dinner on the 21 from 7 -9. 5 courses and 5 beers.

Redemption, Santification, Pliney the Elder, Temptation and Salvation.

Bit of a late bloomer hearing about Pliny, but living east not all that uncommon. Anyway, once I heard it's the "benchmark" of IIPAs, I had to have it. I contacted a Fraternity brother who lives in L.A. Took him a week to tracked it down in 500ml bottles, one week to gain rapport with store owner, one week to obtain one bottle each of Pliny and Blind Pig, and one week to obtain two more bottles of Pliny. On Monday, will be shipped overnight from Californ-i-a.

My buddy said the stores by him get one or two cases per week and bottles are spoken for before they hit the shelf. One bottle per person...unreal. I've made some pretty good IPAs and tasted great ones - 90 min, 2xIPA, THA, Stone and Hop Crisis. Heard incredible things about both the Pliny and Blind Pig. Guess I'll see soon enough...well not really soon enough! :mug:

I've had it at The Farmers Cabinet and Memphis Taproom, you just have to listen for when it's getting tapped bc itll be gone by the next day.

Im pretty shure but could be wrong but this brewery will be given the oppurtunity to distribute throughout the U.S. that is if they like money. Only a matter of time.With all the anticipation im shure once i get it i will be like uhh thats it..? well maybe not but for a beer it shure leaves a mystery and anticipation behind it. As for now i just tried probably the best 10.46% abv beer from Avery-Maharaja.Seriously if it can topp that off im in crap my pantsville.I liked this way more than hopslam or hopsolution or hoptimium maybe its the abv's talking but how can it not? It was only 6.99 and i paid 15 bucks for a mediocre SN belgian/others.Im about to spend another 21 bucks on a moderatly priced gem.
-that is 3 more maharja's

Edit: sorry posted to the wrong thread...Think I had a couple too many to be on the internet. :)

I am hoping to get some 120 this weekend. What do you guys think about cellaring it? My beer fridge is kept at around 45 degrees and my basement doesn't usually go much above 70 in the summer. Should it be cellared in the beer fridge or just the basement?

DFH? 50's.45 will work although i got a life and limb sitting in a 55-69 year round seasonal going to next year.Not ideal but im not gonna worry about it.Generally(i was just reading up on this lately) higher alcohol usually higher cellering temps probably 65 being max but im shure room temp would work.

Back