san francisco breweries.. help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaltim

Reaction score
my wife and I and and 2 friends are visiting San Fran in about 2 weeks to see my bro. We have a sat. dedicated to seeing a few sights, and we want to include a brewery tour in there somewhere.. anybody here from the area with a good recommendation? We want to just tour 1, but will probably visit 2-3 at least for a beer and a glass to take home.

I've only read that the anchor is the best, but they are booked until sept.

I just visited family in San Fran two months ago. I had the same intentions as you. I would HIGHLY recommend you take the 1 hour trip north to Russian River Brewing (Santa Rosa). It was more than worth it. I had simply planned on finding a bottle of Pliny to try from a liquor store, but I couldn't find it and everyone kept telling me how awesome it was. So I went. They don't have a tour but it was so awesome. I had their sampler:
CIMG1542.jpg

Quite a few of their beers are only sold there.

Also, while on your way back you could try Marin Brewing. Everything there was fantastic also. Especially the IPA.

yeh i don't think I'll convince the rest of the group to lose two hours out of our 1 day to driving up there to RR.

Def. need to stick to something in town.

was hoping someone who has been to a couple in town can give me a top 2 or 3 list.. there's about 8-10.

Haven't actually done it yet, but apparently Speakeasy Brewery has a really fun tour / drinking session. Everyone I know who's gone has had a fun time. Anchor is great, but yes, you have to book months in advance.

Lol, it was only 16. But there were 18 slots. Of all the brewpubs or breweries I've been to, Russian River is by far the one that takes the cake. That sampler was awesome. The food was pretty good too.

Latest posts

Back