Christmas Eve Brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Anybody brewing today?

Since I am off work, I am brewing a 8 gallon batch of house amber. Five gallons will be ale, fermented with US-05, three gallons will be lager, fermented with Wyeast 2206 Bavarian Lager.

The boil is almost done now...

:mug:

I haven't brewed in about 6 weeks and I am JONESING! Its finally above freezing here so I think I might have to make my Irish Red tonight after work. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe both!

Tomorrow (Christmas) evening for me. The wife has to work and it's going to be warmer than today.

Brewing the Promo Karankawa Pale from AHS today.

Made the 1st big dumb mistake since my first batch 3 years ago... here's to hoping for a Christmas Miracle!

I'm about to brew this too...what was the "big dumb mistake"?

Was doing a mini-mash and the thermometer stuck at 145 degrees... so I kept slightly upping the temp. When I got concerned, I tried another thermometer and the actual liquid temp was nearly 190. It was somewhere between 150 moving up to 190 for 15-20 minutes.

I was planning on brewing today... but I was told to wait till Santa comes tomorrow.

hmmm... could it be a kit? or a New Cooler? or a SABCO?

I'm hoping for SABCO.

C'MON SANTA!

I brewed up an easy one today, a Cream Ale from Northern Brewer. I also kegged the Tongue Splitter I had in the secondary. With everyone around tomorrow the 2 I have on tap already may not last long. Merry Christmas!

Did some prep today. I like to ski Christmas Day so I'll wait til the 26th since its a holiday in the GWN. Besides I'm expecting my new IR thermo scanner gun for Christmas and want to test it out. Will brew a lager, tis the season. Cold.
Merry Christmas boys.

I brewed a Belgian Pale Ale today. Not very good efficiency today, but better than last time. I am still very new to AG and am trying to improve my process. I'll have to read up on some tips for getting better efficiency.

We brewed yesterday > Festivus Kriek 09
Today I have the mother of all headaches but I'm thinking maybe the weather will allow me time to brew today.

I brewed 15 gallons of BoPils on Wednesday, and 13 gallons of Irish Red on Christmas Eve.

I brewed Austin Homebrew's London Porter (+ boost) on Wednesday. It bubbling away, even though the water bath is ~57*F.

Should be good after the holidays!

Back