My first batch is complete (Extract American IPA)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Count Patron

Reaction score
So I finished my first batch of American IPA (extract). When I went into it I felt like it was a huge amount of information and slightly overwhelming. Many times throughout the process I swore my beer was ruined by small diversions from the instructions/problems arising. However, my local brew shop insured me I would probably still get something drinkable. I can't believe how great it turned out. Cheers! :mug:

firstbeerfb5.jpg

Looks delicious!! I had a nice IPA tonight... aren't they great?!

What are you eating there? I can't quite figure it out.

Congrats on your brew!

Cool thanks, I may have to check this one out in the future. I've been meaning to make a nice IPA, and although I've recently switched over to all grain, I'll still do extract brews from time to time.

Cool thanks, I may have to check this one out in the future. I've been meaning to make a nice IPA, and although I've recently switched over to all grain, I'll still do extract brews from time to time.

Yeah I would love to make the switch to all grain one day soon, but I am a poor college student... so extract brewing for now. :D

Same here. I was able to score a turkey fryer kit on Amazon for $28 shipped (includes 7.5 gallon pot) and once I had that, I decided to keep going. All I needed was an MLT and an immersion chiller. A little over $200 for the wort chiller, MLT, and turkey fryer kit, and I had everything I needed.

I figured that I would eventually save money in the long run. It's quite a bit cheaper to brew with grain instead of extract. My last brew cost me $20, including the grain, hops, and yeast. It would have been almost double this for an extract version.

All I can say is the oysters looked good, and the beer too. Welcome to homebrewing, you will never look at a beer the same way again.

Back