Check my crush!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatjonguy

Now with 57.93% more awesome!
Reaction score
Is this a crap crush or am I just crazy?

It is not my crush, I bought it crushed from a retailer's store and had my brother drive it back 9 hours to me.

ForumRunner_20130903_124147.jpg

Looks like mostly un-crushed grain.

If you did it tighten things up and run it through again. If it is store bought - complain!

It looks like someone stepped on a pile of malt, accidentally crushing a few pieces.

This is what mine looks like right out of the mill. 0.032" mill gap.

9663715385_54343fb680_z.jpg

That's what I am used to seeing from my normal orders (above photo). Thought the bulk bags would be crushed since I requested it.

Feeler guages and new Barley Crusher should be here Friday!

You sure they crushed that for you or was it just handled roughly during shipping. I think a rolling pin would do a better job.

You sure they crushed that for you or was it just handled roughly during shipping. I think a rolling pin would do a better job.

Yeah. But they stepped, up admitted their mistake and shipped my mill via nex day air I purchased to make sure it was here in time.

Maybe this is just a ploy to sell more mills, working well for them. :)

Sorry, but I wouldn't call shipping you 50 lbs of the wrong product, and then selling you a mill to fix the problem even with a free ship, "stepping up".

Maybe this is just a ploy to sell more mills, working well for them. :)

Sorry, but I wouldn't call shipping you 50 lbs of the wrong product, and then selling you a mill to fix the problem even with a free ship, "stepping up".

Might be. However it cost them $120 to overnight it. They were going to ship me replacement grain, I asked them to credit me the amount they would lose for product and shipping.

I wanted a mill in the future and saw an opportunity to get a deal. Plus, not sure what I would do with 200 pounds of grain in the short term since I am moving in two months.

Agree...good of them to admit the mistake and offer to ship you replacement grain. That was 3/4 of the reason that I got a mill. I found that my OG was all over the board using various mail order, pre-crushed or crushed locally grain.

- Brent

Back