Half my stout got dumped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightshade

Reaction score
Came into work this morning and a vanilla Coffee Stout I have been working on was everywhere beneath the fermenter:mad:

Apparently someone took a sample for a customer to taste and didn't close it up properly allowing it to drip out all night long.

Never been so pissed off about beer in my life as I am right now.

/vent

Well it wasn't a dump valve just a sample valve but it poured steady all night, I am guessing I lost 1-1.5bbl in that timeframe.

expensive screwup on someones part and I think I know who it is.

At first I thought you were talking about a 5 gallon batch- and was super jealous that you have a fermenter at work. Then I read the 1.5bbl loss and while my jealousy didn't lessen, my sympathy increased. That sucks! Kyle

Oh wow I did not realize the 1-1.5bbl I was thinking gallons...doh my condolences.

Yeah at work it's 3bbl batches.

Pretty sure it's half gone, gonna crack it open to add coffee and vanilla beans in about an hour or so and I will be able to determine how much dumped for sure. Expensive mistake for sure in both time, ingredients and recipe design time.

Back